Topic Options
#110663 - 01/18/07 08:07 AM Re: Hammond Project Exceed
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
It’s been out some time. http://www.hammondorgan.co.uk/b3/xe.htm

Bill

Pretty darn cool! Love to try one of these out...especially the double manual model.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#110664 - 01/18/07 08:19 AM Re: Hammond Project Exceed
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Maby the audience can't tell the difference between a Hammond and a copy...but I can, and being satisfied with your sound is a big part of playing/performing enjoyment.

Russ

You may be right about personal enjoyment comfort zone & pros know what a real B3 sounds like, Russ I'll agree with you there.....but sometimes what WE as musicians enjoy & play could go against you vs what the audience likes & what needs to be played to make a living on each venue....

#110665 - 01/18/07 11:06 AM Re: Hammond Project Exceed
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
If the proposition is that the audience can't tell the difference, then the player is the only one that matters.

Russ

#110666 - 01/18/07 11:13 AM Re: Hammond Project Exceed
Dnj Offline

Let me explain Russ...I see too many musicians play what they love to play with total disregard to what the audience likes & in return they just get less & less work till they are no more on the circuit...
Playing what you love at home is one thing....playing to make the audience happy is another whether you like it or not...its a job like any other. Times are changin real fast out here eh?

#110667 - 01/18/07 11:33 AM Re: Hammond Project Exceed
captain Russ Offline

Donny, I agree with what you say relative to playing what the audience likes vs only playing what the player likes. My point was, in response to your question about whether the audience can tell the difference between a real B and an alternative, I said that if the audience can't tell the difference they don't care what the choice is. in that case, to me, the only thing that matters then is what I want to play(real or fake B).

Again, semantics

R.

#110668 - 01/18/07 01:35 PM Re: Hammond Project Exceed
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
...I see too many musicians play what they love to play with total disregard to what the audience likes & in return they just get less & less work till they are no more on the circuit...
Playing what you love at home is one thing....playing to make the audience happy is another whether you like it or not...

EXCEPT.....the biggest and best in the industry seem to play what they want and let the audience come to THEM. It depends on what your goals are. For the journeyman professional, you're right, Donny, but you're never going to get beyond a certain level playing "Alley Cat", no matter how much that little ol' lady in the audience likes it. Soooooo, if you've got ambitions but still feel that you must play "Moon River", it had better be a kick-ass version.
JMO.

chas

#110669 - 01/18/07 01:39 PM Re: Hammond Project Exceed
captain Russ Offline

Chas...MY MAN! Hey, you think "Feeble Winds" could do a jazz waltz version of Ally Cat on spoons and washboard?

NO!

Doghouse

#110670 - 01/18/07 03:06 PM Re: Hammond Project Exceed
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But here we are, discussing the pros and cons of a real B3 on an arranger forum, arguably the most 'fake' way to make music out there.....

Long before the difference between a real B3 and a clone makes any difference to an audience, the difference between a real bassist and drummer and an arranger has already been noticed.......

#110671 - 01/18/07 04:22 PM Re: Hammond Project Exceed
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Hi,
Perhaps you may be interested in this site. http://www.hammond-organ.com/
All the best,
Fred Wren.

P.S. We are going on holiday,tomorrow 19-1-007, to Spain for a week,Looking forward to some sun shine.It's a bit windy in the U. K. at the momment!!
By for now
Fred.

#110672 - 01/19/07 03:49 AM Re: Hammond Project Exceed
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
But here we are, discussing the pros and cons of a real B3 on an arranger forum, arguably the most 'fake' way to make music out there...........

Excactly Diki I agree......but you know something? I love it !! I have moved on....yes I have the memories of my big band days but arrangers allow me to make a living playing music, I do it my way without regard to any naysayers....just the fact that a person even "PLAYS" an instrument is unique enough in this high tech world....
Have a wonderful musical day & play music...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online