SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#110385 - 08/28/07 05:34 AM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You know, Zuki, you are right...it is a bit silly to keep defending our keyboards.

They are what they are, and they continue to serve you and I (and many others) very well in our endeavors, be what they may.

What is reassuring is that neither of us feel the need to be critical in return.

I guess being secure in what we play and how we play it gives us that great advantage.

Glad you're lookin' at a new S900...you won't be disappointed.

Even though Yamaha has not verified a new action, I do notice a difference from the 3k.

Of course, one must remember that these keyboards cost FAR less than the TOTL arrangers, yet give the same quality sound and feel...they are truly a huge bang for the buck.

I believe the only people in denial, are the ones who can't (or won't) recognize a great instrument when they see (or play) one.

Ian

#110386 - 08/28/07 06:32 AM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Diki, kicking you in the teeth is not exactly how i'd describe what i said, and ingratitude in the face of advice wasn't my intention either. i apologize if it came out that way, because if you recall, i have always been one of your staunchest defenders (as well as critics)and i have always profusely thanked you publicly for your help. having problems with lack of brevity is not the whole of it--a lot of the time it comes out as badgering, and the sometimes overly repetive and detailed manner of it can be construed as insulting the intelligence of the reader. i can tend to be long-winded myself at times, even though i have always had the gift of being concise as well. i suggest you take a tip from me now, this is what i try to do when i sometimes get into the knee-jerk reaction to spill out a ton: after you let your fingers type out all the things you want to get off your chest in your replies, do that--it's good for the psyche--but DON'T send it right away. wait a few minutes at least, look back through it. Every time i do this I wind up cutting my replies down severely or completely rewriting it in more concise form from a different perspective, or sometimes not sending any reply at all. As far as my replies being run-on in design, i apologize to all for that. I have a mac, when i use Safari as in the past, often my stuff comes came out with long and short lines whenever i went back in to redo sentences, it looked so sloppy. So i started using Firefox, which seemingly, no matter how much i try to indent, space, and create paragraphs, just won't cooperate and everything comes out as one: hard to read but at least it looks neater than with Safari. If you or anyone else has suggestions how i can get it done better, i'm all ears. Peace, bro

------------------
Miami Mo

#110387 - 08/28/07 07:45 AM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
If
you or anyone else has suggestions how i can get it done better, i'm all ears. Peace, bro

I do, I do.....but then we wouldn't be friends anymore. Kidding. Now that we know that you're an ol' geezer (like most of the rest of us), we can afford to be a little more tolerant . Being crochety comes with the territory (ask my wife).

They say that sometimes, silence can speak volumes; in the case of you, me, and Diki, it should probably be "speaking volumes begs silence" .

In any case, it's abundantly clear that the three of us are infinitely smarter than everyone else on this board and the other members need to respect that. (watch some moron respond to that last sentence as though it was sincere). Hey, if Donny, Fran, and Uncle Dave can be the 'Three Amigos', we could be, uh, let's see, the three Musky Tears?

chas

PS: Did you know that Korg spelled backwards is Grok.

#110388 - 08/28/07 07:58 AM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:

In any case, it's abundantly clear that the three of us are infinitely smarter than everyone else on this board and the other members need to respect that. .

...good one, chas.

You make a fine pair, the three of you.

looc si ahamay

Ian

#110389 - 08/28/07 08:24 AM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

looc si ahamay

but dnalor skcus

chas

#110390 - 08/28/07 08:52 AM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
but dnalor skcus

chas

Careful...you'll incur the wrath of narf.

#110391 - 08/28/07 08:55 AM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I always click on at very top ACTIVE TOPICS FOR TODAY which displays all latest articles and reply's regardless of brand listing. No need to select individual forums.

#110392 - 08/28/07 09:31 AM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Question: Is Technic service/parts still available?

Guess the right place to ask would be Panasonic, or Matsushita to see
if there are any parts left in stock at all.
The yellow light are probably steady, if it's not signal red already!

Maybe some local repairshops have something, but the best shot are
probably to buy a used keyboard to have as a private sparepart store.

I have to admit that I did think to do just that, but since I don't have
Technics keyboard anymore, it's not nessesary.

Happy Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online