SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#110375 - 08/27/07 01:53 PM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
...... the Technics an extreme example of heavy use. what could be the reasons?....

I was tempted to start like: Once upon a time......

Regarding the SZ Technics forum, it's probably the fact that the "genuine" Technics forums,
(both Technote and the old Canada much used forums) was pulled down some years ago who are
the main reason.
When Technote forum closed, the users would like to continue discussions and keep contact,
either by start a new forum or find a exsisting place to use.
Some of us was already SZ members, and a request about if the Technics users was welcome to
"move over to SZ" was (as always) very positively responded by Nigel.
Within a very short period of time, most all of the Technote members (and many other Technics
users) found the way to the SZ Technics forum.

And since the Technics keyboards are build to last, I guess the story will continue.....

Happy Posting & Playing
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#110376 - 08/27/07 01:54 PM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
Dnj Offline

Question: Is Technic service/parts still available?

#110377 - 08/27/07 02:31 PM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
case in point, diki--please check my reply to your answer on Roland forum..i want to get hold of that ots program asap..thanks..

The thing is, Mo, if you had posted that question at roland-arranger, rather than here, not only would your answer be immediate, but the program is there for download immediately, the program developer has his own forum on the site where he can answer any of your questions straight away, and you can talk to MANY others that already have the same arranger as you, for longer than you, and may have already worked out the workarounds you are struggling with.

I do not feel that, just because I post at the SZ General Arranger forum, I have any obligation to support the SZ Roland forum, when a better one already exists. It is not like a real neighborhood, where you want to support the locals - on the web, there is NO 'local' anything. So I have no problem coming to SZ for my dose of fun (that's all I really ever get from here, it's not as if many of the threads actually discuss anything much more than 'My keyboard right or wrong'), posting a few things to stir stuff up (which doesn't take a whole lot here, as sensitive to criticism of their gear or their attitudes most supposed 'pros' are in here! ) and then popping over to roland-arranger, where we actually get stuff DONE (checked out the details about the 'random pan' undocumented feature, yet?).

Just because it has 'SZ' on it, doesn't mean we really have any obligation to make it work, when years of effort (and quite a bit of money) have already made the best site for Roland arranger discussion (in English) a simple click away. If you want to hang out with your friends (or at least, members here at SZ that you are used to), that's fine. Do that on the SZ General forum. But if you want to hang out where the most E60 users hang out, well, that's roland-arranger.com.

Like I said, why duplicate the wheel..? I can't honestly think of anything we could do on the SZ Roland forum that isn't ALREADY going on over at roland-arranger.com, and I know of LOTS of things going on there that CAN'T be done here. So, as you noticed, I don't check in very often at SZ Roland, and my reply to you there was something of an exception. In future, I would prefer not to have to go trolling through a variety of forums, to answer posts and help, if I can, so if you can, please post at roland-arranger for the fastest response time.

#110378 - 08/27/07 08:09 PM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Diki, are you sure you didn't leave anything out? there is still some more space on this thread for you to go into more permutations of your thesis if you really try..anyway, since i do want that ots program you mentioned ON THE SZ ROLAND FORUM,(how did that happen?) I'll go over to spend more time on roland-arranger.com as you suggest. thanks.

#110379 - 08/27/07 09:00 PM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
zuki Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Diki:
[B] as sensitive to criticism of their gear or their attitudes most supposed 'pros' are in here!

...You are including yourself, aren't you?

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#110380 - 08/27/07 10:07 PM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
Diki Offline

Actually, zuki, I am probably the biggest critic of my own gear here... I moderate the G70 Bug Forum at Roland-Arranger.com (now mostly inactive after two MAJOR OS upgrades) and am probably the largest single poster of suggestions for OS improvements and new functions (several of which have been included by Roland in new OS updates) on the wishlist forum there... This is probably the biggest difference between me and Ian. We both love our particular arrangers, but I am the only one prepared to offer up ANY criticism of it. OTOH, I don't work in any capacity for Roland, so I may just be less shackled in posting my thoughts.

It is just a shame that some here cannot brook ANY criticism of the equipment they play. Recognizing it's faults, and working towards getting them rectified is probably the best use of these fora, but when the cheering section does their level best to drown out any serious discussion, some very valid points just get lost in the constant bickering.

If the gear you have is perfect FOR YOU, why get so defensive if others find it less so themselves? Let them discuss it without ridiculing their concerns. No amount of criticism will make that arranger any less perfect for you. The fact that Ian and yourself don't find yourselves in the overwhelming majority when it comes to opinions about the 'feel' of the PSR line's keybed has not stopped you posting to deny it every single post it is ever mentioned.

If my constant (well, a little less so, these days!) whining for a Chord Sequencer is tedious, how do you think most of us with a more, shall we say, critical approach to the PSR 'feel' regard your incessant denial of any possibility of a problem? The truth is, for most posters here, the PSR's key feel is almost the ONLY criticism, and even THAT you can't abide...

Feel free to of course, pop your little two cents worth in EVERY single time this flaw is discussed, but don't expect anyone to take your decidedly minority opinion any more seriously than most others take mine about the Chord Sequencer. Of course, probably a vastly greater number of players have actually run their hands over a PSR keyboard than have ever tried to figure out the CS, but what the hey... A disliked 'feature' is a disliked feature, no matter how much WE like them....

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 08-27-2007).]

#110381 - 08/27/07 10:22 PM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
Diki Offline

Quote:
Diki, are you sure you didn't leave anything out? there is still some more space on this
thread for you to go into more permutations
of your thesis if you really try..anyway, since
i do want that ots program you mentioned ON THE
SZ ROLAND FORUM,(how did that happen?) I'll go over to spend more time on roland-arranger.com as you suggest. thanks.

You know, Mo, there are probably better ways to get the help you ask for than kicking in the teeth of those that offer it. You certainly know how to make someone that DID offer support at a forum he doesn't normally post at feel like an idiot for doing so...

You might not want to spend much time at roland-arranger, though. It is a MUCH more actively moderated site than here, and that kind of attitude and ingratitude may get you kicked quite quickly...

Sorry about the lack of brevity. I just haven't figured out how to communicate effectively with emoticons like so many here do... Not that communicating effectively is held in any regard by most, these days. But for someone that hasn't yet figured out that paragraphs can help make a longer post more readable, feel free to keep grading my papers, professor...

#110382 - 08/27/07 11:48 PM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
It is a MUCH more actively moderated site than here, and that kind of attitude and ingratitude may get you kicked quite quickly...

If you mean censored .... maybe so. I do moderate but I try not to be invasive that's all.

#110383 - 08/28/07 04:18 AM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Diki,

There is a difference between being critical and flaming.

Lately you've been doing more of the latter.

But, that's okay buddy, we PSR owners have broad shoulders and we can take it.

Besides, bubbles aren't harmful...just amusing.

Ian

#110384 - 08/28/07 04:59 AM Re: why aren't sz specific brand forums posted more?
zuki Offline

It is a bit silly of me to defend an instrument - you're probably correct. So I'll try to control my excitement for the 3K and future S900 and just keep going to my gigs (3 today). Diki - have you heard the multi pads in the 900? - I know you miss that feature.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online