SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#110157 - 10/12/02 08:56 AM Re: New Roland Keyboard!!
trtjazz Offline

Fran,
Do they even have menus at Mickey D's?
Terry

#110158 - 10/12/02 09:05 AM Re: New Roland Keyboard!!
trtjazz Offline

Dave,
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
it's wonderful to be able to share these thoughts .... even when we don't see the same results from our observations.

I do agree....and most all here are very good about that.

However there are a few as are on every board that have a negative half empty glass when viewing everything. That to me gets old. It's one thing to differ in opinions and is what leads us all to make correct buying decisions for ourselves and getting to the bottom of how to do something.

I think it another matter entirely though to approach things from a negative point of view. I feel very sorry for that type of personality trait, as they are not enjoying life near as much as they could. Everything is a chore or a hassle.......life is way too short for that attitude.
Terry

#110159 - 10/12/02 10:26 AM Re: New Roland Keyboard!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Terry, one thing the "Three Muskateers" do not , is cut corners or cost when it comes to meals. Dave and Donny can atest to that[look at them]...Me , I am still trim...

#110160 - 10/12/02 11:19 AM Re: New Roland Keyboard!!
trtjazz Offline

Fran,
LOL So are you saying they are going to "biggie size?"
Terry

#110161 - 10/12/02 12:28 PM Re: New Roland Keyboard!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm SOOO glad my personal life is bringing you guys so much entertainment.
As far as your "thinness".... I'd trade my chubby belly for your weak knees any day, bukko!
As for Donny .... He carries it so well no one would EVER guess he can eat so much.

Whew ! You should hear the wind whippin' in from the ocean - it's like a Steven King novel out there! The waves are crashing and splahing all over the boardwalk ... it's SO cool to watch. (from INDOORS, of course!)

Ok - enough chatter .... I have to get ready to WOW my little Redhaired girl's daughter. It's funny - when we were her age (13) we were the closest we'd ever been. Now the circle comes around again, and here we are ...... I think I hear a Joni Mitchell and Harry Chapin duet comin' on !

#110162 - 10/12/02 12:42 PM Re: New Roland Keyboard!!
Dnj Offline

If I wasn't a Pro Musician I'd probably be a Chef or Food critic :>) Music, Good Food, its all about "LOVE" It's all Good!! I would love to have a Big SYNTHZONE member BANQUET Dinner somewhere on this planet so we could meet each other, eat great food, and play music there also. My "Homies" Dave and Fran ROCK!!!!!!!

L8tr

#110163 - 10/12/02 01:49 PM Re: New Roland Keyboard!!
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Hey Listen...I was going to spring for dinner when I came down, guess it will have to be an all you can eat buffet based on the past few posts....cya all next week..Brian
Sorry Simon....the thread has gotten away from us again....Brian

#110164 - 10/14/02 02:59 AM Re: New Roland Keyboard!!
jolier Offline

Loc: na
Hi,
Well, actually I am wondering how those upgrades, regarding of polyphony, shall make ?

ie. are those sound generators connected paraller with each others, or how. Can you
buy such sound generator chips from somewhere
and can I use other brand as genuine, etc...

it would be nice to get more infos and shematics regarding of arranger keyboards.

Quote:
Originally posted by Idatrod:
The arranger market has to wise up regarding Polyphony. In my experience with a 64 note arranger I have found 64 note polyphony just doesn't cut the mustard. In complicated musical arrangements I've noticed dropouts which can be a pain, even embarrassing during a live performance. You have to be extra careful (do a few practice runs) before hand to make sure the limit is not reached in an arrangement you want to play. With the new Tyros 128 notes is an improvement BUT I've heard people with the 9000 PRO which has 126 notes complain of dropouts on it. The nice thing about the PRO is you can add more polyphony with an expansion board "up to 256 notes" I think. That is not possible with the Tyros from what I've heard and read. We shall see how the Tyros fairs in that regard soon. With a totally new operating system and a high speed 'risc' processor and how they manage how the polyphony and other components are routed they may have eliminated much of the problem. Hopefully that will be the case.

------------------
jol

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online