SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#109721 - 10/22/07 04:08 PM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hey Tim,

That`s great !!

Sounds like you are going to get a fair deal , good for you.

I`m glad to hear that the store you bought it from is helping out ! Chris sounds like an a-ok guy.

A new gig bag , that`s A-OK

Best of luck , and please keep us informed , thanks.

Take care,
Gary

#109722 - 10/22/07 04:21 PM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Gary,

I'm just a clinician/ demonstrator, and I have absolutely no influence over how/where instruments are shipped...as I said one time before, I'm a very small spoke in a very big wheel.

I am only allowed to deal with Canadian customers.

I wish I could explain why there are no defective units in Canada...all I can say is, there isn't...if there was, I'd have to be told so I could prepare for dealing with customers who needed assistance,. or had any questions.

I have spoken to Tim by private e-mail.

It is not my function to deal between dealer and factory...that is the job of the Yamaha area representative.

I answer to the rep...he hires me for gigs.

That's how it works here in Canada.

Ian

#109723 - 10/22/07 04:30 PM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Ian ,

Thank you for the clarification , I do remember you saying a few threads ago that you weren`t really connected in a huge way with Yamaha.

I still think it pretty cool !!

Do you ever get the skinny on new boards being released ?

I know you thought the I was fairly close with my thoughts and spec`s for the Tyros 3.

Take care,
Gary

#109724 - 10/24/07 02:37 PM Re: 3rd S900 is here...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by CoasterTim:
Well, here's the latest on the continuing saga of the defective S900s...

I feel bad for Alto Music, who gave me a great price on the keyboard and also ate all the shipping expenses. When this ordeal is over, Alto will have paid for at least 5 shipments on this one sale.) When I get the new board and make sure it works, then the old one will be picked up.

I will, of course, let you know how this all works out. Hopefully the end of this story is in sight!

Tim

I wouldn't be surprised if Yamaha ate the shipping costs instead of Alto Music. Since these have been defective products from the factory it is Yamaha's obligation, in my understanding, to reimburse the retail go-betweens during the return/exchange process(es).

Well one thing for sure, Yamaha is not being in any way reluctant to get this matter settled - and finally resolved hopefully.

I really hope for your sake it finally is Tim. The S900 is really a great sounding little board.

Best,
Mike

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online