Roel Offline

Mike,
Your sense of humor is FANTASTIC HA !

#109647 - 08/30/04 10:47 PM Re: Hello!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by virus1:
Could you give me some good advices about my name?

First of all, as a fellow member of Chinese ancestry (4th generation Chinese-American), welcome to our Synthzone Arranger Keyboard forum.

Virus1, I mean no offense, but I strongly suggest that you CHANGE your name to something else, as the word 'virus' could raise suspcions (from many here) that you might be attempting to spread a deadly (computer) virus. I trust that's not your intention, right?

Which (arranger?) keyboard do you own/play? Perhaps you might change your name to include the name/model of your keyboard, and/or the city where you live, or better yet, to include your actual name.

Do you (by any chance) live near Shanghai? I know there's a HUGE Music Instrument Products Festival held there annually, and I believe co-sponsored by NAMM as well.

I myself own a Yamaha Tyros keyboard, which coincidently, is manufactered in China. Is the Yamaha Tyros (or Yamaha PSR3000) available for purchase in China? I'm especially curious which brands/model arranger keyboards are currently being sold in China. I heard (rumor?) that arranger keyboards marketed in China include a few traditional ethnic (Chinese) instrument sounds (samples), not included in keyboard models exported to the USA. I'm interested in finding out what specific traditional chinese instrument these include, and wondering if it would be possible for me (here in the USA) to purchase one of these 'targeted for asia' market (arranger) keyboards. - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Where's Scott Yee when you need him?

For you non-Chinese speakers out there, learn Chinese in 5 minutes:

Sum Ting Wong:
(english translation): That's not right

Hu Yu Hai Ding?
(english translation): Are you harboring a fugitive?

Dum Gai:
(english translation): Stupid Man

Wai Yu Sew Tan?
(english translation): Did you go to the beach?

Ai Bang Mai Ni
(english translation): I bumped into a coffee table

Chin Tu Fat
(english translation): I think you need a face lift

Wai So Dim?
(english translation): It's very dark in here...

Wai Yu Mun Ching?
(english translation): I thought you were on a diet

No Pah King
(english translation): This is a tow away zone...

Lei Ying Lo
(english translation): Staying out of sight...

Wa Shing Ka
(english translation): He's cleaning his automobile

Ah Root Lis Kort:
(english translation): hip keyboard (chord) voicing

Scott

#109648 - 08/30/04 11:02 PM Re: Hello!
Quasar Offline

Funny! Welcome Virus1.

In truth, as user names go, it doesn't quite scare me as much as ServicePack2. I haven't yet had the nerve to click that post.

Quasar

#109649 - 08/31/04 12:08 AM Re: Hello!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Quasar:
Funny!

In truth, as user names go, it doesn't quite scare me as much as ServicePack2. I haven't yet had the nerve to click that post.

Quasar

Funny Scott!!

Quasar, I recommend you hold off from installing XP Service Pack 2 until reports start trickling in about its stability or lack thereof. There have already been reports of vulnerabilites, security holes, and software and hardware conflicts with Service Pack 2. Don't be a guinea pig until Microsoft irons out all the bugs and plugs the holes and enhances the compatibility is my advice. And if other service packs on other Microsoft OS's are any indicator, it could be somewhere into 2005 before it's stable, secure - (plugged holes), and bug free enough to download and install. The security holes will hopefully be plugged in the near future.

Best regards,
Mike

#109650 - 08/31/04 12:36 AM Re: Hello!
leilatara Offline

Loc: Torrevieja, Alicante, Spain
Quote:
I recommend you hold off from installing XP Service Pack 2 until reports start trickling in about its stability or lack thereof. There have already been reports of vulnerabilites, security holes, and software and hardware conflicts with Service Pack 2. Don't be a guinea pig until Microsoft irons out all the bugs and plugs the holes and enhances the compatibility is my advice. And if other service packs on other Microsoft OS's are any indicator, it could be somewhere into 2005 before it's stable, secure - (plugged holes), and bug free enough to download and install.
Unquote.

By which time SP3 will be available!

Mike P

#109651 - 08/31/04 04:33 PM Re: Hello!
Quasar Offline

Thanks for the advice, Mike and Mike P. That's what the smart money seems to be saying, and I think you guys are smart.

Service Pack 3?!!

Downloading THAT won't be a problem. I'll just test it on my junky old Intel P36 57.44 GHz CPU (with a paltry 25 terabytes of RAM,)so if it crashes my DAW, no big deal.

It's Bill Gates' world, I just live in it.

Michael (Quasar)

#109652 - 08/31/04 09:49 PM Re: Hello!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I install every microsoft update that comes along, and I never get viruses or spam.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online