SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#109446 - 09/12/05 12:55 PM Tyros Registration question
juneau Offline

Loc: Red Wing, MN, USA
Is there a way to set a registation to shut off the accompaniment and then turn it on again from a pedal? I can't seem to see a way to do that.

#109447 - 09/12/05 02:34 PM Re: Tyros Registration question
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by juneau:
Is there a way to set a registation to shut off the accompaniment and then turn it on again from a pedal? I can't seem to see a way to do that.

You will have to set two registrations with the same settings, except that one won't have the accompaniment and the other will; then you can switch from one registration to the other using a pedal.

#109448 - 09/12/05 03:01 PM Re: Tyros Registration question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by juneau:
Is there a way to set a registation to shut off the accompaniment and then turn it on again from a pedal?

Hi Juneau, considering you specifically want to accomplish this via FOOT PEDAL:

Be sure that the 'style' box is checked in "Reg Memory Contents". Then, with the ACMP button set to OFF, store these settings to REG1. Now turn the ACMP button to ON. Save this to REG2.

In the 'Registration Sequence' window, assign Reg+ to Pedal 1 and Reg- to Pedal 2. Set "Registration Sequence Enable" to 'on'.

Now, select reg button #1 and the keyboard. No melodic instrument auto Accomp is heard. Now press footpedal 1. Melodic instrument accomp will commence. Press foot pedal 2 (Reg-). The melodic instrument accomp will stop. Going back and forth between pedals #1 & #2 will toggle instrumental accomp on/off.

IMPORTANT: Doing the above does NOT stop the drum tracks (rhy1 & rhy2) from playing. To do this, you'll need to turn OFF these 2 specific auto accomp tracks (via CHANNEL ON/OFF button) before saving this setting along with ACMP 'off' to Reg button 1.

Good luck.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-12-2005).]

#109449 - 09/12/05 03:23 PM Re: Tyros Registration question
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
As a followup to my above reply. I tested it toggling between 2 footpedals using Reg Seq REG+/REG- assignment, and couldn't get it to work reliably. I found the best solution if you need to trigger ACMP on/off via footpedal is save ACMP off to 1,3,5, and 7 Reg buttons, and ACMP ON to 2, 4, 6, and 8 Reg buttons. Assign a single foot pedal to REG+. Now, with the use of a SINGLE foot pedal alone, everytime you press it, the ACMP will toggle on/off as you had originally requested. - Scott

#109450 - 09/13/05 09:46 AM Re: Tyros Registration question
juneau Offline

Loc: Red Wing, MN, USA
Thanks Dreamer and Scottyee. I realized that using subsequent registrations you can turn accmp off, then on again, but the drums stay unless you specifically shut off those channels.

Using three registrations in a row you can shut off the drums and accmp in one, then have just the drums in the next, and all on in the third. I have concluded that for the song I'm working on, just having drums is good, then turning on the accmp in the last one works well.

It's easy to forget these workaround techniques.

Thanks again!

Juneau

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online