Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#109330 - 09/05/07 02:51 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Certainly, Ian.

But how MUCH compromise you can handle is what is important. Some can't handle hardly ANY (the Clavinova, P250 and RD700SX crowd), some can handle a modest amount (G70, PA800), some can handle a lot more (T2, PSR's, etc.)...

All, once again, just my (yada, yada,yada).

Good one Diki...glad to see you haven't lost your sense of humor...unfortunately, you have the last two in the wrong order...it should be T2, PSR's, and then G70, PA800.

How you could have made such an error is beyond me..perhaps your yada needs adjustment...

You can relax...I've already forgiven you.

Ian

#109331 - 09/05/07 03:17 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
John, I'm not sure how you did that edit, and I'm also a little unfamiliar with how much editing you CAN do to T2's, but can I suggest a change in what you did?

To my ears, it basically sounded like either EQ or a filter cutoff change had been applied to the entire patch (forgive me if I'm wrong). This, although it warms up the sound a bit at lower velocities, had the effect of robbing all the highs when it WAS played hard...

Now, if you did this with EQ, there's probably not much you can do, unless to create a two or three way velocity x-switched patch that removes the high cut as you play harder. But if you did this by winding down the filter cutoff, you MIGHT try increasing the patch's velocity to filter cutoff setting, so as you play harder, the filter opens up a bit more, and gives you back the sparkle at high velocities.

Could you give this a try?

#109332 - 09/05/07 03:24 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Diki Offline

Actually, Ian, if you DO allow the RD700SX to come in first (along with the Clavinovas), the piano sound in the G70 is basically the same one. I just put it in second in the forlorn hope that you might actually take the post seriously.

Fat chance... Actually, I'm amazed you are prepared to let the PSR come in second to ANYTHING. It must have been a typo.

#109333 - 09/05/07 03:36 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Actually, I'm amazed you are prepared to let the PSR come in second to ANYTHING. It must have been a typo.

You are so easily amazed...must be that yada again.

You're gonna have to get it checked out.

Question. Perhaps all your yada problems began is a result of the strain of carrying that wonderful old G70?

Something to ponder....

Ian

#109334 - 09/05/07 05:31 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Dnj Offline

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=666&ParentId=87

Ive been watching all these Roland piano videos & Ive also played this KB in stores in the area.....for a portable its very hard to beat.

#109335 - 09/05/07 05:44 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Diki Offline

Weight is 54 lbs.(and one ounce!)

It's good to see an ex-PSR guy calling this 'portable'! I KNEW that Ketron would help you develop those muscles!

Now, all we need to do is get Ian off of life support, and address his myasthenia gravis, and who knows? But maybe the osteoporosis in his fingers (got to be a reason why he plays such a light key-bed) would rule it out...

No... probably the dementia will kick in again anyway, and he'll just lay about mumbling 'PSR good, others BAD' over and over again like he does now!

#109336 - 09/05/07 05:52 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
54 lbs (+ one ounce) is one thing, but a 50+ lb keyboard + a 20+ lb case = 70+ lbs is quite another, especially if you're gigging 7 days a week, and often several times a day as DNJ is.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 09-05-2007).]

#109337 - 09/05/07 06:15 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Dnj Offline

Yea imagine if I was doing 3 a day like some people around here I'd have arms like HULK HOGAN I know one thing no tyros or psr could ever sound like that !

#109338 - 10/13/07 12:24 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Maybe you could contact them and ask them to upload it...?

Diki

I did just that and it turns out it has been there for awhile. It's just as I looked for it alphabetically I couldn't find it.

It turns out it's 1st on the list called '4Front TruePianos'

I think it sounds terrific and along with its smaller size and quicker load time, I think if I were heavily into just the piano sound that this would be the one for me for live play.

To me the 4Front TruePianos - Diamond "Jazz" sounds the best.
http://purgatorycreek.com/

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 10-13-2007).]

#109339 - 10/14/07 12:05 AM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Been using the trial version of True Pianos on my Abacus for some time now and it is easy on CPU as well as using little Ram.
Once loaded in the host or standalone (A few seconds) all the piano sounds are available instantly. (Due to the techniques used in the program, no loading of sounds is required, they are just instantly playable)
Sound modelling is definitely the way of sounds for the future. (Bye Bye Giga, you were good in your day but now its time to plan your retirement)
Enjoy whatever you play

Bill

PS. I like the Diamond Classic voice best

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online