Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#109310 - 09/04/07 04:19 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
To Zuki -But no-one's calling your sister a ho', it just piano talk, OK?

Don't you think it's a little too much to use that word for a fellow member like Zuki?I believe we all are adults here.I don't find that kind of words effective or funny or whatever one's intentions are.

You can love your G70,Fran can love his G1000,zuki can love his PSR or T2, UD can love his PA800, right ?

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 09-04-2007).]

#109311 - 09/04/07 04:25 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
All those samples sound good 'in their own way', each perhaps best suitable for different scenarios, but I gotta be honest: my 'Steinway B Grand" sounds superior to them all!

Scott

[img]http://members.tripod.com/scottyee/Misc/SYee's_SteinwayB.jpg[/img]

#109312 - 09/04/07 04:28 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by jamman:
I believe we all are adults here.

What on earth gave you that impression?

Good grief, I got to explain everything I post? zuki gets all wound up at the thought of ANYTHING other than his Yamaha being the best. I was simply pointing out to him all we were talking about was piano sounds, NOT his sister. (Is English your main language?).

Try a re-read after you have had a cup of tea...

#109313 - 09/04/07 04:50 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
just what does it take for everyone to just stop promoting everything they have already decided is the best without listening and considering what others may find their best? how do you LEARN anything that way? this is the THIRD TIME on this thread i have asked for opinions on the AcustiX Boesendorfer sound i played on the link that starts this thread. this sample just blew me away..but i have listened to the TruePiano that was offered here. (and didn't find it quite as good) I guess I'll just start a new thread saying the sound i heard is the best, and then everyone will want to jump in and argue (most of them without having listened to the sample of course)

------------------
Miami Mo

#109314 - 09/04/07 07:01 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
keysvocalssax Offline

Fran, there were 2 roland rd700sx samples, both of them very nice-i preferred the superior to the ultimate. but not even close the the Acustix Boesendorfer sample. to my ears, that stands so alone that we may as well just put that out of our minds as unattainable..and compare the samples from the various hardware keyboards available to us. the "natural piano" on the E60 that roland chose as the go-to on the shortcut "piano" button is a lemon. i was fortunate to have found a tweak to the classic piano that has a good piano sound, but unfortunately now i can't use the "piano" button shortcut because they chose the "natural" for it. with all the fine piano sounds Roland has created, I can't figure why they chose the one they did for the E60, which as a 76 should be biased toward a more piano-oriented player (not that i qualify as that)

------------------
Miami Mo

#109315 - 09/04/07 07:17 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
All those samples sound good 'in their own way', each perhaps best suitable for different scenarios, but I gotta be honest: my 'Steinway B Grand" sounds superior to them all!

Scott

[img]http://members.tripod.com/scottyee/Misc/SYee's_SteinwayB.jpg[/img]

I wonder why ?!? ...
t.

#109316 - 09/04/07 07:27 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

Scott

Scott you called me a lucky guy for owning the G70 and T2. Now who's that that's lucky?

My preference in the following order
Roland
Pa800
T2. I have downloaded Gary Diamonds tweaked piano sometime ago. I use that on the T2

Since I own a Clavinova CVP 307, I also threw that into the mix I listened to. Despite the Grand 2 being my favorite when playing the Clav, the sample doesn't sound nearly as good when played at the Clav. But on the mp3 demo I preferred the Roland to the Clav.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-04-2007).]

#109317 - 09/04/07 07:37 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

We all have a different idea of the perfect piano sound,

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 09-04-2007).]

Which is why the great PIANISTS play different brands ... Aside from the endorsement dollars, it's what sounds best to THEM !!! ... no different from arrangers ....
t.

#109318 - 09/04/07 08:19 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
zuki Offline

Scott - must be nice to wake up to that beauty

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#109319 - 09/04/07 09:31 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
keysvocalssax Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pianodano: No need to be a computer guru at all . Just get a Receptor. Works great with your arranger also. I use the Steinway mostly. But I control it from a Maudio Prokeys88. The Bosendorfer and Steinways are part of EWQL libraries. Muse will install the libraries for you when you order one, if you ask for it. Danny
DANNY, WHAT'S A RECEPTOR?

------------------
Miami Mo

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online