SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#109300 - 09/04/07 02:45 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Dnj Offline

Without starting a riot as usual....this is my favorite Piano.

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=666&ParentId=87

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-04-2007).]

#109301 - 09/04/07 02:45 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
zuki Offline

Diki,

I didn't say it was warm, did I? I said I liked the T2 Warm Piano sample. I like its brilliance vs the other warmer patches. But I like Yamaha period and I will never be ashamed to say it - so ban me!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#109302 - 09/04/07 02:46 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
For me Truepianos is the best I've ever heard. Take a listen. What do you think?
http://truepianos.com/demos.php

It'd be nice if Purgatory Creek were done with this.

#109303 - 09/04/07 03:12 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
For me Truepianos is the best I've ever heard. Take a listen. What do you think?
http://truepianos.com/demos.php

I posted True Piano some time ago, but got little response, however I have uploaded it again for you to have a listen. http://download.yousendit.com/B32E812B05D9A0A0

Bill

#109304 - 09/04/07 03:15 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Diki,

I didn't say it was warm, did I? I said I liked the T2 Warm Piano sample. I like its brilliance vs the other warmer patches. But I like Yamaha period and I will never be ashamed to say it - so ban me!

Ban you for what? No-one should be ashamed of ANY of these pianos, or their arranger. Maybe we all just need to take a step back, take a deep breath, then go back to talking about arrangers and the like as if it wasn't a bloody religion, OK?

Actually you DIDN'T say "I like its brilliance vs the other warmer patches". You just said "T2 Warm - WOW!". If that's what you MEANT, maybe you could have posted that... I thought you were saying you liked the Warm Piano, for being as described. My bad. Ban me, too!

The thing is, all the T2 pianos demoed there are the same piano sample set. The 'warm' in the title just implies that perhaps a little EQ or filter is taming the sound, a little bit (not much, IMO!), but the fact is, if the piano sampled is a bright one (as Yamaha's tend to be) and it is recorded with mikes that emphasize that (as it seems to me), there really isn't much you can do to make it into a warm piano.

Same with making a warm piano into a really bright one (but again IMO, it's easier than making a bright one warm).

But let's all stop acting like their mommas just got dissed, just because someone is critical of a piano sound. It's called criticism, it's one of the reasons we're here, to talk about the pros and cons of arrangers. If the thought of someone not agreeing with you is painful, well, you got two solutions. Either post another, different critique (I'm not going to get indignant if you & Ian don't think the G70's piano is best!), or don't post at all. But no-one's calling your sister a ho', it just piano talk, OK?

#109305 - 09/04/07 03:17 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:

Maybe you could contact them and ask them to upload it...?

#109306 - 09/04/07 03:27 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
zuki Offline

Diki,

I think I'd best find myself a Yamaha forum to join........besides, my intention is to learn as much possible about their arrangers, not any others. I don't need to listen to piano shootouts to know that Yamaha is the very best. They didn't get to be as big as they are by making inferior products. Lightweight, plastic, etc? - I'd say one Yamaha engineer has more brains than all of us together.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#109307 - 09/04/07 03:33 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki: http://www.vanbarel.com/acustix/ It's a software piano, Mo. You really want to go down that path? Laptops, audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, latency and streaming issues? You can't get ANYTHING into your E60. No sampler, no SRX slot, no nothing... (like most arrangers in that price range). But if you ARE willing to do the laptop thing, go back to P.Creek, check the software Pianos page... PLENTY of killer piano sets there. Ivory is a favorite of mine. Steinway, Yamaha and Bosendorfer, all in one package (that will run standalone if you want). But, unless you are a computer whiz, you are going to need to get someone to make it into a turnkey system for you, and that usually costs extra...
HMMM.I THINK I'LL STAY WITH THE NICE MODIFICATION I MADE TO THE "CLASSIC PIANO" SOUND ON THE E60, THANKS. (but i did enjoy listening to that sample--even though others here seem to already have their favorites, and have not listened to the AcustiX Boesendorfer sound to offer a comparative opinion. I guess it's too much effort when you've already made up your mind, right fellas?

------------------
Miami Mo

#109308 - 09/04/07 03:37 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
http://www.vanbarel.com/acustix/

It's a software piano, Mo. You really want to go down that path? Laptops, audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, latency and streaming issues?

You can't get ANYTHING into your E60. No sampler, no SRX slot, no nothing... (like most arrangers in that price range).

But if you ARE willing to do the laptop thing, go back to P.Creek, check the software Pianos page... PLENTY of killer piano sets there. Ivory is a favorite of mine. Steinway, Yamaha and Bosendorfer, all in one package (that will run standalone if you want).

But, unless you are a computer whiz, you are going to need to get someone to make it into a turnkey system for you, and that usually costs extra...

No need to be a computer guru at all . Just get a Receptor. Works great with your arranger also. I use the Steinway mostly. But I control it from a Maudio Prokeys88. The Bosendorfer and Steinways are part of EWQL libraries.

Muse will install the libraries for you when you order one, if you ask for it.

Danny

#109309 - 09/04/07 04:03 PM Re: T2 and PA800 Piano shootout
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Diki,

I think I'd best find myself a Yamaha forum to join........besides, my intention is to learn as much possible about their arrangers, not any others. I don't need to listen to piano shootouts to know that Yamaha is the very best. They didn't get to be as big as they are by making inferior products. Lightweight, plastic, etc? - I'd say one Yamaha engineer has more brains than all of us together.

Exactly, zuki. I go to roland-arranger for model specific information, help and contact with Roland R&D. But it doesn't stop me from coming here to hear about all the other arrangers (you never know where you are going to get a good idea from!), and it doesn't stop me from admitting there MIGHT be something useful in another brand of arranger.

So MAYBE I don't have the BEST arranger on the planet. Or maybe I'm just not completely close-minded. Pick whichever makes you feel better about your arranger...

"I don't need to listen to piano shootouts to know that Yamaha is the very best". That sounds an awful lot more like religion than anything else. "I don't need to know anything about Christ to know that Allah is the best".... Look where THAT attitude has gotten us.

But have fun at the Yamaha madras, zuki...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online