SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#109266 - 08/09/06 07:51 AM TC Helicon with Tyros 2
Mistered4111 Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
I am trying to get the TC Helicon Midied to the Tyros 2 so that when I play back sequences and sing that the harmony track (usually track 5) will enable me to add harmony where necessary without having to play the note(s) myself. I have set up the TC Helicon to receive track 5, but it doesn't seem to work. Is there something I have to do to the Tyros to get it to send the info to the TC Helicon? When I use the built in harmonizer it works, but I prefer to use the T C Helicon since I have better luck with it for live applications.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Ed

#109267 - 08/09/06 04:02 PM Re: TC Helicon with Tyros 2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ed , check the Tyros and make sure it is transmitting out the midi port..Maybe there is a physical or soft setting that has to be switch on the Tyros[in song mode]..
You did the correct setting on the TC [channel 5 for Tune 1000 sequences]..
As you already know I am not a Yamaha sequence playback fan... But midi parameters are the same on all models.. Let me know how you make out..

#109268 - 08/09/06 04:14 PM Re: TC Helicon with Tyros 2
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I think you have to make sure channel 5 is set to out on the Tyros. I had my voiceworks midied to my tyros and I remember going in and having to set the output on the tyros, and input on the Tc.
I don't have the keyboard anymore so I can't tell you the exact setting but I used the manual, and I'm no genius so you shouldn't have a problem.

#109269 - 08/09/06 05:46 PM Re: TC Helicon with Tyros 2
Dnj Offline

Ed, what didn't you like about the Tyros 2 vocalizer......with the correct settings its very usable?

#109270 - 08/09/06 06:50 PM Re: TC Helicon with Tyros 2
Mistered4111 Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
First of all, thanks everyone for the helpful post.
Fran - I will check tomorrow to see if I can find out how to switch on the output midi channel on the Tyros. Since channel five transmits to the internal harmonizer I thought it would be transmitting to the outpout midi too but apparently not.

Mike - I glanced at the manual but I didn't see any info on it. Probably just overlooked. I'll try again.

Donny - I always seem to have distortion when I run with the internal harmonizer. I've tried all of the suggestions that I have read on the forum but to no avail. I finally broke down and purchased a TC Helicon awhile ago and I'm trying to get it up and running.
Just curious are you going back to the Tyros 2? I'm pretty happy with mine, but I can certainly understand your desire to try and keep getting better and more efficient system(s). Good luck with whatever way you go.

Ed

#109271 - 08/09/06 08:21 PM Re: TC Helicon with Tyros 2
Dnj Offline

ED ...

all I can tell you is to run the gain pod at 9 O'clock 3k/t2

take off the harmony vibrato

back off the har to mic ratio to about
-20 -25

Sing directly into the Mic not off center

Master Vol about 1-2 O'clock

its tricky but can be done for sure.....

T2 will offer many more Vocalizer editing choices also.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-09-2006).]

#109272 - 08/09/06 08:37 PM Re: TC Helicon with Tyros 2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ed, I own the TC Helicon Voiceworks, but ever since I bought Tyros2, I no longer need to utilize the Voiceworks. Tyros2 includes some vocal harmonizer improvements including: Mic Settings Button > Vocal Range setting which allows you to specify your voice range. I recommend setting it to LOW, to best optimize male voice tracking of VH. The other thing which will further improve & enhance your vocal harmonies is to create your own custom USER VH Types, and save these custom VH files into USER. There are (24 total) customizable VH parameters contained in a single "VH HARMONY TYPE" file:

* Vocoder Type
* Chordal Type
* Harm Gender Type
* Lead Gender Type
* Lead Gender Depth
* Lead Pitch Correct
* Upper Gender Thresh
* Lower Gender Thresh
* Upper Gender Depth
* Lower Gender Depth
* Vibrato Depth
* Vibrato Rate
* Vibrato Delay
* Harmony 1 Volume
* Harmony 2Volume
* Harmony 3 Volume
* Harmony 1 Pan
* Harmony 2 Pan
* Harmony 3 Pan
* Harmony 1 Detune
* Harmony 2 Detune
* Harmony 3 Detune
* Pitch to Note
* Pitch to Note Part

Experimenting & tweaking the above settings to best match your indiviual voice and VH requirements will reward you with even more impressive VH results. I recommend first editing one of the many PRESET VH TYPE selections as a starting point, and then creating your own CUSTOM USER VH setting files from this, naming, and saving it for recall in USER area.

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 08-09-2006).]

#109273 - 08/09/06 09:19 PM Re: TC Helicon with Tyros 2
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi:

In case you still want to use the T.C processor, you need to know what midi OUT are you using? out 1 or out 2?? Perhaps is all you need to do....also, I would check my midi set up in the Tyros2 in case that is set up for not sending midi out and change it to another set up like Master Keyboard, or if you are going to be using ONLY midi files ( Tune 1000 has channel 5 for that), make sure that your midi set up in Song mode....and in the TC the processor in receiving in ch5.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online