SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#109143 - 05/13/06 09:43 AM Re: OT/...Sluggish Laptop Performance HELP PC Gerus!!!!!?
Dnj Offline

Ok My Lt is running fastr now thanx to all the great help here .

BUT.........now I have another question
When I send something to the printer I always have to wait an average of about 2-3 minutes before it starts printing!!!! Argggg! WHY? If I do multi pages it takes for ever also...

#109144 - 05/13/06 11:50 PM Re: OT/...Sluggish Laptop Performance HELP PC Gerus!!!!!?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
DNJ. Most printers if they have not been used for a few days run a Head Clean before printing which is most likely the delay. This is just another way of the manufacturer dumping ink so you buy cartridges more oftern !!!

#109145 - 05/14/06 05:33 AM Re: OT/...Sluggish Laptop Performance HELP PC Gerus!!!!!?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny,

This may have something to do with your printer's memory capacity. If the documents you hope to print have lots of graphics, the print job will be somewhat slow when using older printers with little memory capacity. Some of the newer, more expensive printers have considerably larger memories, thereby improving the time it takes for the print task to begin by a significant margin. If you are only printing text documents, and using standard fonts, the print job should go fairly fast.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#109146 - 05/14/06 06:36 AM Re: OT/...Sluggish Laptop Performance HELP PC Gerus!!!!!?
Dnj Offline

Ok Out with the old ..., IN with the new

Im using a HP 940C I guess its time for a new one eh?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online