SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#109108 - 01/22/05 09:49 AM saving my sounds on pa1x
seanbaker Offline

I have modifieda preset sound (vibes) and have saved it to user2 bank 1. I would now like to reload the bonus set. How do I save or move my created sound to another location and where is it now? When I look at the contents of my hard drive, I don't where this user created sound actually is.

By the way, this modification I made to the vibes is very good. It's more mellow and "flat" like the real instrument and you can control the speed of the tremolo with slider six. I have removed vibrato from it since the actual instrument is more a tremolo. I also added a very slight filter LFO to it to simulate the dulling and brightening of the tone as the little flap opens and closes--whatever it's called. I would like to share this sound with anyone who wants it but I don't know where it lives so-t0-speak and how to email sound settings or sounds themsevles.

#109109 - 01/22/05 10:04 PM Re: saving my sounds on pa1x
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
First of all, you saved this in the internal ram and not on the hard drive. You can save one individual sound or the entire set to a new folder in the hard drive. You can also load an entire .set or you can just load individual voices, styles, performances or anything else just by selecting a folder on the hard drive, hit the open function at the bottom of the screen, select the folder you wish to load from (styles, voices, performances, etc.), hit open again and select which user bank you wish to load from, hit open again and you will find all the individual styles, voices, performances, select a location in the screen to load it to and now you can have a customized set inside the keybaord which you can now save at a complete set for later loading into, or you can save things one at a time.
I hope this didn't confuse you even more!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#109110 - 01/23/05 12:39 PM Re: saving my sounds on pa1x
seanbaker Offline

Thanks for the hlep. I knew the keyboard could do this from the manual, but unless I'm missing something, I'm not sure how to save a sound to the harddrive becuase when I modified the sound and selected write sound from the page menu, there was no option to select a location other than the user banks. Do I have to first create a .set folder before I get this option?

BTW, if I do reload the bonus stuff from the hard drive, it will erase my user sound, right?

#109111 - 01/23/05 09:00 PM Re: saving my sounds on pa1x
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
First, after you do the step called write sound and you select a user bank and location to save your user sound, next you have to push the disk button and go to the save page. This is where you choose what you want to save to the hard drive, in which folder or on the root directory and if you just want to save one voice from one user bank, all user sounds from one bank, all user banks or save a .set which is everything in your keyboard.
If you load the factory user styles before saving the one you've created, you will erase the one you saved in the internal user bank.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online