SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#109087 - 11/06/07 09:26 AM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
John - you're so right! I have a T2 and I had a 3000. I noticed that when I turned on the 3000 I had grown so spoiled by the T2 that I just didn't play it (the 3000). Now, when I turn on the S900, I just want to keep playing it.

Count me in on the S900 advocates.

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#109088 - 11/06/07 12:36 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I'm glad we're getting more positive reports about the 900.

#109089 - 11/06/07 08:39 PM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
I love mine. It's one fantastic board and worth the price. I'm thrilled with the SA voices on this thing. I'm surprised at times how real the combinations of sounds that Yamaha programed into the styles really are. There's so much to like about this board.

Just talked to my salesman today. I was the first to purchase an S900 from him. He's now got 2 more orders and was happy to hear of my satisfaction with mine.

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#109090 - 11/07/07 12:03 AM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by saxxman:
I sold my PSR-3K and upgraded to the S900. I got a good one (no issues) and haven't looked back. It's the SA voices. The board is a joy to play. The 3000 was great, but with the upgraded sounds, this is indeed a nice step up.

Randy

Hi Randy

Besides the SA sounds, what about the other sounds and quality of sound for styles. Is the 900 the same or better than the 3000?

Also, curious as to why you got and are playing the 900 so much when you have the T2?

What about the difference in sound between the T2 and the 900?

#109091 - 11/07/07 12:06 AM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
Scott Langholff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mr82thebar:
Jedi, I've had my S900 for about three months now, and use it everyday at gigs. No problem so far. I've played at a couple jobs that were up to four hours without a hitch, so i would say that the keyboard is reliable. I also have a T2, and it's stayed at home since my S900 arrived. Hope this helps you decide. Good luck. Bob L.

Hi Bob

wondering why you decided to get a 900 when you already have the T2.

How would you compare the 2 sound wise, same or a bit different? any other comparisons appreciated.

As far as the size, it's really only a couple inches shorter than the T2 I believe is it not?

#109092 - 11/07/07 12:12 AM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
Scott Langholff Offline

OK, now I see there are a number of people that have had a 3000, Tyros 2 and/or S900.

My main question would be the difference, if any in the same voices on the other keyboards and the overall sonic quality.

I have not yet had a chance to hear an S900 so would love to hear your thoughts on this.

I am curious especially having gone through the old PSR3000 sounds like the Tyros 1. In the beginning of that scenario almost everyone said they were identical in sound. Then over a period of time others agreed with me, they didn't sound the same. The 3k being a fine instrument and sounding kind of like a T1, but, for me, no cigar. So I will find it interesting to hear everybody's opinion on this, realizing this is kind of subjective, but if you can be unbiased, I'd love to hear all about it.

Shortly, I hope to make it up to Mobile, Alabama, over an hour from here, to try one out, just for the heck of it.

#109093 - 11/07/07 06:47 AM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Guy`s

Great comments and suggestions !! Keep them coming !

Diki,

Yes the G70 Ver3 is a very good A/KB , however I `m looking for a speaker system included ( built -in ) , so that would leave the E-80 as the best choice , if I went that way.

Guy`s , this could be a very long thread !! LOL

I am no closer to making my mind up , than I was a week ago , but I truly appreciate ALL the post and help I have received.
Your efforts have not been wasted , a lot of great info about a lot of boards have been posted , and some folks with good S900`s is a good thing !!

Thanks again , later !
Gary

#109094 - 11/07/07 06:54 AM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
Dnj Offline

Scott as subjective as this will become I would suggest to avoid all the nonsense that usually comes out of a question like this....is to Listen to the all the demos, look at all the Videos, read all that has been already said go & go spend some time play one for yourself and make a personal assessment being your a Yamaha user already you should have no problem making a decision if the S900 is for you after all its only a $1500 arranger not a life changing purchase. YOU have to make the choice with YOUREARS for YOUR Needs.

Good luck & keep us posted on your progress & thoughts.

#109095 - 11/07/07 08:42 AM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
Spalding 4 Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Jedi. I am posting this link to you as i have personally played the E80 and i know that you are particularly looking for an arranger with builtin speakers. This has been discussed at length on the forum. You MUST play this instrument before you purchase it.

I am not trying to start any quarrels here but its importnat for the cost of the machine. Its a major investment and you need to get it right.
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/014390.html

In one of the threads someone promised to post up instructions on how to get the speaker settings right so that the instrument sounded at least comparable to other speaker featured arrangers.I was then going to try those settings on the 2 or 3 E80's that i tried. As far as i can recall noone ever came back to me and i let it drop. Specs may fool you, new technology might bedazzle you but your ears never lie.

#109096 - 11/07/07 10:59 AM Re: Will It Ever or When Will It Be Safe To Buy The S900
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Spalding 4 ,

Thank you for the link.

Very interesting , just last night I was reading a review about the E-80 and it did mention that some sounds sounded "muddy" and that mixing would be required to get it right.

Here`s a link to that review:
http://www.jazzhooves.com/keyboardreviews/e80/review.html

You are very right that you should try any A/KB before buying , especially one that cost that much.
I have been trying , and there is just no where in my area ( NH ) that sells top end arrangers.

Sure you can get just about any kind of synth you want , but no dice for arrangers , and I always get the same answer " we just don`t think they would sell" / " we just don`t have the space" and my favorite " we would just lose money if we sold arrangers"

So it`s not like I haven`t tried to play one , right now all you guy`s that are helping , are doing a great service , and I thank you all.

Albeit ,it is not the same as a hands on try out , it is a great help none the less.

So , check out the link , and let me know what you think !!

Thanks again,
Gary

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online