SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#109007 - 04/08/03 01:15 PM Anyone feel this is a pointless complaint about the QY100
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I was at Harmony Central reading a few reviews about the QY-100 and one part of a indivduals review I felt really wasn't worth complaining about.. Here's what he said--

--I'm happy except for 1 important thing. The internal memory gets eaten up fast. The unit offers 20 songs, but I filled up all the memory with only 12 songs. And that was with only about 9 tracks per song. That means you can't gig if you want to play more than 12 songs.--

Now keep in mind this is a hand held sequencer from yamaha that is about the size of a VHS tape. Has a sequencer set up comparable to the Yamaha EX series synth, decent voices with editing, smart media storage, effects for plugging in a guitar and mic and much more.. Plus all this for $499.00 This guy got 12 songs in memory on this thing at about 9 tracks per song... Hell I think that's pretty damn good for such a small unit.. So what if he only got 12 in memory.. Smart media is rather quick on that unit, and after he played his 12 songs it would take just a few seconds for him to up load another 12 song set off a card...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#109008 - 04/08/03 05:47 PM Re: Anyone feel this is a pointless complaint about the QY100
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I agree with you. I tell my customers to record one song and save it on the smart media card. Then, just load one song at a time for playback if your at a gig.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#109009 - 04/08/03 05:58 PM Re: Anyone feel this is a pointless complaint about the QY100
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Good point George. It just take a few seconds to load a song from the smart media card. There wouldn't be huge gaps of time between songs.... I guess some peole expect a little too much from their equipment. Getting 12 songs at nearly 9 tracks per song before running out of memory is actually really good for such a small unit..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online