SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#108689 - 01/06/00 09:31 PM Re: 740 fill-in's
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Jick,
Yes you can. You can change registration memories without stoping the accomp (style playing), just remember to have the accomp. light on when you memorize each of the 4 memories with the four different variations.
Frank and everyone else. Since we are all voicing our opinions here I would like to add my two cents into this discussion of Frank's experience with his X1. I am not a keyboard player. I am just a Music Store Owner who has a passion for auto accomp. keyboards. Without meaning any disrespect Frank, I think if you would have had a really good dealer who had spent time really learning his keyboard line as I and others have done, you would have had a different experience. Your experience has been such a typical one that so many buyers are experiencing all around the world. This does not make it right, to have experienced so many difficulties and possibly failures, but I see it with every keyboard line I sell. I have had dozens of computer, electrical engineers, and other high tech customers buy this X1 over the last 6 months and many have needed a lot of help from me. I've learned so much just listening and learning from my customers and I'm sure, them from me. I haven't had one X1 come back to me because of failures in operating systems or hardware. Almost everyone of my customers have added vocal harmonizers with no breakdowns, pattern expansion boards, with no breakdowns, etc. etc. Only one customer, Mario Escovar in New Jersey had to have his display replaced with a newer one back in July, and once replaced by Solton in New York, he hasn't had any problems. Frank, I only know you from your postings here and on the Solton EGroup club, but I wish you could have been living here in California, so I could have helped you along the way. I sell as many PSR 740's as I do X1's and I don't think this keyboard is even in the same league as the X1. One to me is a "Mercedes" and the other a "VW". I love the PSR 740 for what it is, but to think it is as good or better than the X1 just makes no sense to me. In my honest opinion, not as someone who likes to sell a more expensive keyboard because I can make $3000.00 instead of $1,000.00. I know that all of you who might be reading this, and have come to know me over these months, will hopefully know where my heart is. Yes I am a businessman, but my passion is beyond just the fact that I make a living out of selling keyboards. I feel very stongly about posting my comments tonight, because if new readers are visiting our discussion board tonight, I don't want them to think that Frank's experience is the norm. If it were, we would be hearing about it so much more, and I especially, being a dealer, would be hearing complaints all the time, but instead, all I hear are praises for the X1. Is it perfect, not hardly, could the owners manual be better, without a doubt, should there be better technical support here in the USA, yes. But as Danny, Dave, and numerous others have stated, it's a very good keyboard with great sounds and styles as well as many other great features not often found in too many other keyboards.
Thanks for a forum like the Synth Zone BBS, for allowing us all to express our opinions and thoughts.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#108690 - 01/06/00 10:00 PM Re: 740 fill-in's
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
One of these days, I'm gonna come out there to California and spend the afternoon talking keyboards with you George. I hope all these people on the forum realize that it takes a great deal of passion to make the contributions you make here. Yep, I'm going to call up Uncle Dave and meet him out there. .. . if I weren't so afraid of earthquakes.
Don

#108691 - 01/06/00 10:30 PM Re: 740 fill-in's
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave,
Heck I LIVE on a golf course, but I've never seen Philly. Find me a weekend gig to pay expenses. We'll do "Duelling X1's" for those city folks. I know George doesn't have time for golf, he WORKS for a living.
Don

#108692 - 01/07/00 06:19 AM Re: 740 fill-in's
DannyUK Offline

Geroge,

Well done for your post. I think all our posts puts together a different view to Franks response which gives different reasons and different angles of opinions as to why the 740 is not in the same league as the X1. It just cannot be, features wise perhaps, but sound and styles I just cant see how it could match or even be on par.

One day, I would like to meet you George, and also all you other guys, Uncle Dave etc... Its a shame I live so far away, I think it would be great to meet up.

Take care all,
Danny (UK)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online