SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#108652 - 10/01/02 10:37 AM Anyone think that Casio might release something like a MZ-3000?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Got bored during lunch today so I looked the board up again.. I saw several sights that said they no longer have them in stock because they have been discontinued by Casio.. I wonder if Casio will release a newer model..... It'll be interesting if they do...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#108653 - 10/01/02 10:49 AM Re: Anyone think that Casio might release something like a MZ-3000?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Never learn from past mistakes ?? I'm guilty of that sometimes but...

Casio will do it again and drop the product line just like MZ-2000. Unless they change their ways in some outrageously positive manner and acknowledged by our resident experts - it will be difficult to consider Casio ever again unless it's for some unbelievably very cheap board that has tons of features.

#108654 - 10/01/02 10:50 AM Re: Anyone think that Casio might release something like a MZ-3000?
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
I will buy it if it's like $299 for something like MZ-2000 otherwise tough sell !

#108655 - 10/01/02 12:07 PM Re: Anyone think that Casio might release something like a MZ-3000?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
lukitoh,
I have to disagree with your last post regarding the MZ-2000 for $299.. I think I have to stick up for Casio on this one.. The MZ-2000 was a huge step for Casio.. They haven't done anything like that since the CZ series (which was pretty big in its day) The MZ-2000 may not be completely on par with Yamaha's sounds, but they were pretty good and I and other owners felt that some of the sounds were better than Yamaha's... Even now if you can find an MZ-2000 for $600.00 you're getting one hell of a deal... When the MZ was released, even Yamaha's PSR line up like the PSR-740 couldn't compare to it when it came to sequencing power, voice editing, and realtime control... Take a look at what the MZ offers..

-Awsome Speakers at 15 watts, with great tweeters and wood backing
-17 tracks of sequencing with full in depth editing, and it's internal
-digital draw bars with sliders on the face panel for faster realtime control
-Full synth engine with 4 element voice structure and ability to set velocity curves
-Screen like that of the upper line PSR's
-Initial and Aftertouch (both adjustable)
-64 voice poly
-A total of 62,000 notes for song and style recording 40,000 for song and 22,000 for style, and the style sequencer looped and overdubbed
-Converts Styles from other keyboards
-Even though it doesn't have a vocalizer it has a mic input with it's own volume control that can be run through several effects
-Input jacks for running other things through the keyboards speakers
-Way better action than the PSR's because they use springs and not the bending plastic key set up Yamaha uses (always wondered why the PSR's were so spongy...)
-You didn't have to use a fill in every time you switch between variations.. Meaning you could record 4 variations with the fill included in the variation and then directly push a variation button and it will go right to the next (of course you time it out)
-The MZ allowed you to record sync stop into the song
-There was 8 instant registration buttons and they were totally user customizable too.. You go in and select what all you wanted to be saved to the button.. It was more in depth than the PSR's

Granted the MZ-2000 wasn't way ahead of Yamaha, but for the price it was a great keyboard.. The only thing that sucked was customer support.. You call the techs and they had absolutely NO IDEA how to run the keyboard.. You ask them a question and they just pull out the manual and read from it...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online