SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#108612 - 11/30/00 10:25 AM Re: PSR740 vs Casio MZ2000 comparison, please
BrianV Offline

Paul,

I am sorry I mistyped the price. It should be $1,195.

Brian

#108613 - 12/03/00 04:40 AM Re: PSR740 vs Casio MZ2000 comparison, please
Beakybird Offline

Quick way to load from floppy on PSR 740:

You know the keyboard's limitations. Part of the secret is being quick with your fingers. First, do not have any usr files on the floppy. This takes too long for the yamaha to read. Keep your favorite styles on style #'s 162 and 163. Don't touch these.

On your floppy you might want to name the style by the song you use it for for easy access. You might want to set the tempo and transpose it to the key you'll be using it for via the computer so you won't be wasting much time with it after it's loaded.

Now press LOAD. Quickly find your file. Since you only have style files on your disk, the seek time for the yamaha is very small. After you scroll to your style, press NEXT twice with your left hand and YES immediately afterwards with your right hand. In about 5 seconds your style will load. Press EXIT with your right hand and immediately afterwards you can press (I don't have the keyboard with me so I'm not sure) INTRO and SYNC/START with your left hand and AUTO ACCOMPANIMENT and VARIATION A with your right hand. If you're quick, you can load styles quickly using this method. I load styles often during performances, and it's pretty doable.

Don't mess with USR styles as this slows down seek and load time.

You can actually use limited one touch settings with loaded styles! Set registration to memory and press the FREEZE button. Now choose four favorite instruments and save each one to registration to registration bank #1. Since you have set FREEZE, the Yamaha will not change styles when you access these registrations. The only thing that will change is 1) the voice, 2) the multipad, and, unfortanately, 3) the transposition. You can set other registration banks to the same or other instruments and a transposition (up 1, down 2, etc.) This way, you can use the registration banks to transpose the song. Then when you choose the voice you want, you can stay in the same key.

I hope this is a helpful way for you to overcome the nearly insurmountable limitations of the PSR 740.

Larry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online