Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#108588 - 03/14/02 01:25 PM Re: Help for choosing Arranger Keyboard
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Thanks diosif
and excuse for the greek text

I had not intention to hurt anyone.

I just tried to be more familiar with a man from my country.

so for any information : sklonari@ulb.ac.be

#108589 - 03/14/02 09:36 PM Re: Help for choosing Arranger Keyboard
synthmeister Offline

There are quite a few new Arrangers due out soon, so I would hesitate to jump on any board right away. The PA 80 happens to be in my opinion a good value of what's currently on the market, but there is the new Korg PA 60, if the harmonizer isn't a big deal. Plus Yamaha just anounced the Tyros, sounds wonderful, but the tyros name itself scares me, but for what it offers at $1850. sounds like a good value. The negative is that it is not available till Sept./Oct.

If you can get by with a lessor board for now and wait for the big boys to be on the market, it would be ideal for you to get the latest technology instead of spending big bucks now for old technology. Just an idea, because that's what I'm thinking of doing. Technics KN7000, Yamaha Tyros, Gem Genesis, Ketron XD9, lots of new boards that are worth making the sacrifice playing with a less expensive arranger for the next 6 months. You can use the one you buy now for home use or even emergency back up when you buy one of the new arrangers 6 months from now, again just an idea, might not be the ideal, but since I'm in the process of getting into the solo arranger scene it wouldn't set me back, I tend to play utilizing few gismos more with my hands, that is until I get an arranger and learn all of the gismos, than I can sit back and relax more, instead of concentrating on getting every little part in with my fingers. Well if your not rich like me, this may be an alternative.

#108590 - 03/22/02 11:56 AM Re: Help for choosing Arranger Keyboard
diosif Offline

Loc: Greece
Thank you all for your responces. Finally, I ordered the Roland VA-5. Basically, my main dilema was between Korg and Roland, but after seeing the PA's screen, all was clear. I just couldn'g buy a keyboard with this screen for that money. 1/3 plain old LCD, and the rest 4 lines of poor dot matrix? Thanks but no thanks. I will be very happy with the 320*240 touch screen of the Roland... You may find it funny, to decide over a display, but since the sound quality of both keyboards satisfied me, the Users interface was the second most important factor.
Plus that VA has 128 (korg 64)notes polyphony, 48MB of samples and the V drums (drum sounds recorded already mounted on a real drum set, with the natural resonances! Hear it and you'll agree)...
So, tomorrow or monday I'll have my new baby... Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online