#108423 - 05/10/05 04:27 AM Re: BOSE
sLOWER Offline

Loc: Zagreb, Croatia
...actualy,I did it.... sory guys!

sLOWER

#108424 - 05/10/05 10:06 AM Re: BOSE
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Bwteengigs;

I wasn't referring to the stereo image loss ( in your case with odly shaped venues) but the degradation of sound quality from a stereo sample patch from a keyboard.

Regards;
BN

#108425 - 05/11/05 12:16 PM Re: BOSE
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by BlkNotes:

Dear UncleDave;
What Keyboard(s) are you using to play the demos on your webpage? And which vocal harmonizer is used for the song "A Nightingale sang"?

Hmmm. let's see - Nightengale was the 9000pro playing manual bass and piano only. I used the Digitech VR harmonizer on that one. All my tomorrows and Gigolo wre on the Korg PA80 - straight, no external anything, no tweaking of anykind. That was my first day with the unit.
She's no lady, and Wind beneath my wings was the X1 with the internal prossessor.
The Bose sounds SO good, the stereo/mono issue is only as important as teh internal sample in the keyboard. If your instrument sounds good ... it's sound GREAT through just a single Bose tower. I bouyght 2 at first and sold the second one. It was never missed in my setup.

#108426 - 05/11/05 01:30 PM Re: BOSE
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
U.D. or Eddie

Is there really anything revolutionary about the Bose PAS or were the Bose people just smart enough to put a bunch of speakers on a tube and point them in all different directions? Have either of you looked at how the tube is constructed? Am I correct about it being a bunch of small speakers pointed in many directions?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Tom

Tom

#108427 - 05/11/05 01:45 PM Re: BOSE
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Tom...
The L1 Cylindars are built like tanks. Excellent construction and quality. Inside the two connecting cylindars are 25 mini speakers...and no they are not pointed in different directions that I can tell. They all look to be facing directly forward.

Bose doesn't claim to be the initiator of stacked speakers in a column. What IS unique to the system they developed is the power stand (PS1) and how is powers and provides 99 presets to the Cylindrical Radiators (L1s) and the sub woofer B1.

As to how and why the system disperses a relatively even signal within a 180 degree radius.... I dunno. But, I will guarandamntee ya it does. And it has made singing a whole lot easier. Nothing gets buried in mud.

Eddie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online