SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#108340 - 04/09/03 09:49 AM Calling Scott Yee
drpete Offline

Loc: Fresno, CA USA
I just sold my PSR2000. Now looking to upgrade to Tyros. I just need your help since you were at one time in my position.

1. Can the styles of 2000 be played on Tyros with decent quality?
2. Is the sequencer similar or the same? ( on the 2000, you can go to any measure of a pre recorded song and start recording, not so with the 9000 series).
3. Is portability a major factor since you switched?
4. Key feel?
5. Sound quality?
6. Where can I get one for a good price?

Thanks for your time.

Bee

#108341 - 04/09/03 10:48 AM Re: Calling Scott Yee
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by drpete:

1. Can the styles of 2000 be played on Tyros with decent quality?

Yes. All my 2000 styles sound terrfic on my Tyros.

Quote:

2. Is the sequencer similar or the same? ( on the 2000, you can go to any measure of a pre recorded song and start recording, not so with the 9000 series).

The Tyros' built in sequencer sequencer supports all of the rec features of the 2000 including re-recording from ANY specified measure.

Quote:

4. Key feel?

Though the Tyros key feel is synth action (non weighted), it's substantially improved (solidly built) and far more responsive (vs spongy) than on the PSR2000. I'm very happy with the Tyros' keyboard feel.

Quote:

5. Sound quality?

The much improved Tyros acoustic piano (vs PSR2000 acoustic piano) and keyboard feel alone made it worth upgrading to the Tyros for me. Both 'sounds' and 'styles' sound (to me) more alive & realistic overall. The only disappointment imho are a couple of isolated solo sounds (sax).

Quote:

6. Where can I get one for a good price?

I got mine at: www.music123.com, but I believe Bob Gelman organized a cheaper special 'Tyros ($2,300) Group Purchase' offer you might want to check out:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/006122.html

Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online