SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#108264 - 12/24/05 09:46 PM my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hello and merry Christmass.
Here I contributite one of my compositions to the SynthZone forum. I perform a short classical piece called Sunrise. .
George

PS I am sorry for the edit, the grammar I used was wrong

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 12-27-2005).]

#108265 - 12/25/05 12:52 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
brmoore Offline

Loc: charlottesville, Va., U.S.A.
That was perfection. Can't wait to hear some more from you.
Would love to know, however, what Keyboard are you using, and how was it recorded ?
Bruce

#108266 - 12/25/05 12:57 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Dnj Offline

George....BRAVO!!

I closed my eyes & was taken away to peacfull place .................
Piano, Flute, Strings combine in wonderous harmony.....Well Done my friend!!

#108267 - 12/25/05 01:22 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Harold Offline

Loc: Harrisville,Pa USA
Simply Beautiful!!!!!!!My Kind of Music!...Please post More.......

#108268 - 12/25/05 05:40 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Wow! Really a big WOW!!!

At first I thought it were a little bit drippy but then...WOW! The whole arrangement has its own story which defines a clear picture in my mind. It has some very interesting harmonies...

Thank you for sharing, Georg, and a Merry Christmas to you and your family!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#108269 - 12/25/05 07:07 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
George, Truly a work of art.....you could do a whole disc 80 mins or so and sell it to all of the people looking for tranquility
I'd buy one....excellent.....
TR

#108270 - 12/25/05 10:00 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

Hello,
Your comments are the best Christmass present I was given.
Now, I am going to answer your questions.

Bruce, I play an inexpensive Yamaha DGX-305 keyboard. It has its likes and much more dislikes - the worst shortcoming is that there is not a line out. So the piece was recorded through the phones output with the help of an Audigy 2 soundboard.
What you heard was a recorded midi file (I was not playing live).

Dnj (Donny),
You forgot to mention the French Horn

Harold,
unfortunately, this is the only one composition which is orchestrated. The most of the rest are solo piano pieces, however, I do not think they qualify for this forum, as here arrangers are discussed, not pianos. I have the will to build my own web site where to post all my compositions.

Sheriff,
You are right about the harmonies. I was even told that it sounds a bit Japanese at the beginning.

Tony,
In the real world I am a computer programmer but after I have retired I'll consider your idea.

Well, I admit that it is a bit unusual to use an arranger for classical music. I am glad that you liked my piece. Nowadays I am making my first steps in composing songs. I miss a lyricist very much as I find it hard to come up with good lyrics.

#108271 - 12/26/05 06:35 AM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Hugo H Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
George,
Very pretty music and similar in style to piano pieces I've written. If you're seriously looking for lyrics, we might be able to work together. I'd be more than happy to share some examples of my work with you.
-Hugo

#108272 - 12/26/05 07:30 AM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
YOu owe me money!! I was listening to your piece, fell asleep and drooled in my keyboard and had to get a new one....

just kidding,
excellent piece.

When I get time I will try to throw together an example of what I use my PA1X Pro for.

Does anyone live around the South Central Kansas, NOrth Central Oklahomna area that has T2? I would kinda like to experience what everyone is raving about but no dealers have one locally.

"Sing"cerely,

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

#108273 - 12/26/05 10:43 AM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
George,
It is a very good piece, very relaxing, yet not monotonous. It proves that you don't need the latest in gear to produce good tunes. Keep up!
Theodore

#108274 - 12/26/05 01:37 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

Thank you for your warm compliments. Honestly, I did not expect such interest in classical music on this forum.

Hugo, I'd be very happy if we could do something together. I have an idea for a song and I'd like to discuss it with you. I'll e-mail you in the first days of the new year.

Jeff, be careful with your keyboard. I am sorry that my music caused a damage to your Korg.

Theodore, I agree with you up to a point because the DGX-305 is still an up-to-date keyboard as Yamaha have not anounced new keyboards in the DGX line (I hope they will do in the Winter NAMM show)

Regards to all of you. It is wonderful to get such positive feedback from professionals and other serious hobbyists. Will post another tune soon.

George

#108275 - 12/26/05 02:02 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
Bravo!!! Wonderfull.

Cousin Ken

#108276 - 12/26/05 02:06 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Caragabal Offline

I'd like to hear more "classical Stuff".
played on arranger Keyboards.

Cousin Ken

#108277 - 12/26/05 03:14 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Bozeman, MT, USA
George,
I also think that this is a wonderful piece. Do you have it in MIDI format? I also have a DGX 305 and I would like to learn it.
Thanks,
Chuck

#108278 - 12/26/05 03:35 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi George,
did you compose it, it's a really beautiful piece of music. The DGX sounds really good. Be interesting to hear how it would sound with soundfonts.

Unfortunately we don't get to hear too much in the way of classical or new age music.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by George V:
Hello and merry Christmass.
Here is my first contribution to the SynthZone forum. It is a short classical piece called Sunrise.
George

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#108279 - 12/26/05 07:06 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
George .. Lovely song, very nicely done ...
t.

#108280 - 12/26/05 07:57 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
tcon Offline

Loc: Pinellas Park.Florida. usa
Exellent.Wonderful feel.Terry

#108281 - 12/26/05 09:24 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

Hello and thanks for your warm compliments.

Cousin Ken,
Generally, People who compose classical music want their music to be played by acoustic instruments. It was a long time ago when I left the music school and lost connection to my friends who continued their education in music. If you heard the same piece played by a full symphonic orchestra it would be another experience.

Chuck, I am happy to know that you want to learn to play my music. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with the midi file or music sheets for now.

G'day Rikki,
I wouldn't dare to post someone else's compositions and risk to have my head cut off

Regards,
George

#108282 - 12/26/05 11:41 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
rikkisbears Offline

Well George,
all I can say is "TRULY AWESOME". It's a beautiful piece of music.
best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#108283 - 12/27/05 10:41 AM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:

Here is my first contribution to the SynthZone forum. It is a short classical piece called Sunrise.
George

I especially enjoyed this song for it's artfully elegant simplicity. Beautifully & sensitively played.

Quote:
LATER thread reply posted by George V:

What you heard was a recorded midi file (I was not playing).

OMG George! I had been (mis?)lead to believe that YOU performed & recorded this song yourself. Though I certainly appreciate that you shared this beautiful piece with us, I think you should've stated, when initiating this thread, the actual source/performer of the music, as it's assumed (at least by most of us), when you contribute music to a 'keyboard' forum like ours, that (unless stated otherwise) you played & performed it yourself.

This being the case, can you possibly tell us the name of the composer, and person(s) who arranged and played it? Thanks.

Scott

#108284 - 12/27/05 11:48 AM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Caragabal Offline

George I agree with you but I still enjoy good classical music in midi format played on a good arranger keyboard because it is pleasing to my ears.
I am in no way a keyboard player but I have got a thrill playing simple classical pieces using strings etc it sets my heart aglow.
Mind you it does not please everyone.

Cousin Ken

#108285 - 12/27/05 12:10 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Vadim Offline

Nice Piece. Sounds very similiar to Korg Triton Extreme's Demo Song...

#108286 - 12/27/05 12:25 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
OMG George! I had been (mis?)lead to believe that YOU performed & recorded this song yourself. Though I certainly appreciate that you shared this beautiful piece with us, I think you should've stated, when initiating this thread, the actual source/performer of the music, as it's assumed (at least by most of us), when you contribute music to a 'keyboard' forum like ours, that (unless stated otherwise) you played & performed it yourself.
Scott

Oh boy, I'm very dissapointed also ;(
I agree when posting a song please give the details, credits,Keyboard, equipment used, etc, etc, it just makes it so much more enjoyable.

#108287 - 12/27/05 01:34 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

#108288 - 12/27/05 01:36 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

This being the case, can you possibly tell us the name of the composer, and person(s) who arranged and played it? Thanks.

Scott

Hi Scott,
I am really sorry for not providing that info. I thought that I should clearly state if I posted someone else's piece of music, or when someone else helped me create and/or perform the music.

I am the composer of the piece. The performer and producer is me. Recorded using a Yamaha DGX-305 keyboard and an Audigy 2 soundboard.

Regards,
George

#108289 - 12/27/05 01:58 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Dnj Offline

Im Confused!

#108290 - 12/27/05 03:13 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Im Confused!

If there is still some misunderstanding please explain.
Actually, I am confused, too.
In this topic from the year of 2000 http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/000877.html,
Scott Yee states that one of his most requested songs is 'I left my heart in San Francisco'
Moving to 2005, http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/012056.html
The Wolf states that he has composed a new song with the same name. I downloaded it and listen to it. I liked it.
So, Has The Wolf really composed a new song? If yes, I am lead to believe that he wanted to gain populairity by giving his song a name of another well known song.
If not, (I won't comment)
In both ways I feel cheated. Actually, there was a hot discussion after Wolf's post.

I wouldn't like to see such discussions when I post my music so let make it clear that, unless otherwise stated, everything I post has been created and performed by me. Since you require that info at the initial post, I promise I'll always provide it from now on.
Regards,
George

#108291 - 12/27/05 03:34 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Hello,
Bruce, I play an inexpensive Yamaha DGX-305 keyboard. It has its likes and much more dislikes - the worst shortcoming is that there is not a line out. So the piece was recorded through the phones output with the help of an Audigy 2 soundboard.

Nice song Georg V. I enjoyed that.

I think people got confused and assumed you did not play/perform this when you said:
"What you heard was a recorded midi file (I was not playing live)".

I was thinking that you played this (live on the DGX) into the memory/recorder of the DGX, which saves it as midi. Then you pressed "play" button so that the Audigy2 soundcard would hear and capture it on PC. Right

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 12-27-2005).]

#108292 - 12/27/05 04:07 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Dnj Offline

OK George thanx for the clarification on this issue......now please in the future post some more of your work so that I close my eyes and enjoy like I did with this one..

Happy New Year!

#108293 - 12/27/05 05:50 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
rikkisbears Offline

Hi George,
the part about the " recorded midifile etc etc " confused me also ( I had to reread it a couple of times & still wasn't quite sure what you were saying) that's why Idecided to ask if you composed this particular piece.
I'm aware that you are a composer, through some of our prior chats, but I think, maybe
what you wrote could be misunderstood & give the impression that it was a midifile, & that you didn't play it.

Anyway, I certainly hope that you will post some more of your wonderful music, I'd love to hear some of your piano pieces as well.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by George V:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#108294 - 12/27/05 09:31 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

Hello,
Thank you for the understanding.

Mr Ed, exactly this was the way I recorded it. I added some of the parts (strings, horn) using a midi notation program (I use MusicMasterworks).Later I edited the whole piece with that program.

I appologize for my bad use of English.

Thanks to all of you for your encouragment to continue writing music.
Have pleasent holydays.

Regards,
George

#108295 - 12/28/05 03:32 AM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Just fantastic George. It there any chance you have a midi version available. It would sound great on my piano.

Thank you for sharing that!

------------------
Heather- Leesburg, FL PR54

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online