SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#108284 - 12/27/05 11:48 AM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
George I agree with you but I still enjoy good classical music in midi format played on a good arranger keyboard because it is pleasing to my ears.
I am in no way a keyboard player but I have got a thrill playing simple classical pieces using strings etc it sets my heart aglow.
Mind you it does not please everyone.

Cousin Ken

#108285 - 12/27/05 12:10 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Vadim Offline

Nice Piece. Sounds very similiar to Korg Triton Extreme's Demo Song...

#108286 - 12/27/05 12:25 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
OMG George! I had been (mis?)lead to believe that YOU performed & recorded this song yourself. Though I certainly appreciate that you shared this beautiful piece with us, I think you should've stated, when initiating this thread, the actual source/performer of the music, as it's assumed (at least by most of us), when you contribute music to a 'keyboard' forum like ours, that (unless stated otherwise) you played & performed it yourself.
Scott

Oh boy, I'm very dissapointed also ;(
I agree when posting a song please give the details, credits,Keyboard, equipment used, etc, etc, it just makes it so much more enjoyable.

#108287 - 12/27/05 01:34 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 12-27-2005).]

#108288 - 12/27/05 01:36 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
OMG George! I had been (mis?)lead to believe that YOU performed & recorded this song yourself. Though I certainly appreciate that you shared this beautiful piece with us, I think you should've stated, when initiating this thread, the actual source/performer of the music, as it's assumed (at least by most of us), when you contribute music to a 'keyboard' forum like ours, that (unless stated otherwise) you played & performed it yourself.

This being the case, can you possibly tell us the name of the composer, and person(s) who arranged and played it? Thanks.

Scott

Hi Scott,
I am really sorry for not providing that info. I thought that I should clearly state if I posted someone else's piece of music, or when someone else helped me create and/or perform the music.

I am the composer of the piece. The performer and producer is me. Recorded using a Yamaha DGX-305 keyboard and an Audigy 2 soundboard.

Regards,
George

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 12-27-2005).]

#108289 - 12/27/05 01:58 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Dnj Offline

Im Confused!

#108290 - 12/27/05 03:13 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
George V Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Im Confused!

If there is still some misunderstanding please explain.
Actually, I am confused, too.
In this topic from the year of 2000 http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/000877.html,
Scott Yee states that one of his most requested songs is 'I left my heart in San Francisco'
Moving to 2005, http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/012056.html
The Wolf states that he has composed a new song with the same name. I downloaded it and listen to it. I liked it.
So, Has The Wolf really composed a new song? If yes, I am lead to believe that he wanted to gain populairity by giving his song a name of another well known song.
If not, (I won't comment)
In both ways I feel cheated. Actually, there was a hot discussion after Wolf's post.

I wouldn't like to see such discussions when I post my music so let make it clear that, unless otherwise stated, everything I post has been created and performed by me. Since you require that info at the initial post, I promise I'll always provide it from now on.
Regards,
George

#108291 - 12/27/05 03:34 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George V:
Hello,
Bruce, I play an inexpensive Yamaha DGX-305 keyboard. It has its likes and much more dislikes - the worst shortcoming is that there is not a line out. So the piece was recorded through the phones output with the help of an Audigy 2 soundboard.
What you heard was a recorded midi file (I was not playing live).

Nice song Georg V. I enjoyed that.

I think people got confused and assumed you did not play/perform this when you said:
"What you heard was a recorded midi file (I was not playing live)".

I was thinking that you played this (live on the DGX) into the memory/recorder of the DGX, which saves it as midi. Then you pressed "play" button so that the Audigy2 soundcard would hear and capture it on PC. Right

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 12-27-2005).]

#108292 - 12/27/05 04:07 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
Dnj Offline

OK George thanx for the clarification on this issue......now please in the future post some more of your work so that I close my eyes and enjoy like I did with this one..

Happy New Year!

#108293 - 12/27/05 05:50 PM Re: my first contribution to the Zone
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi George,
the part about the " recorded midifile etc etc " confused me also ( I had to reread it a couple of times & still wasn't quite sure what you were saying) that's why Idecided to ask if you composed this particular piece.
I'm aware that you are a composer, through some of our prior chats, but I think, maybe
what you wrote could be misunderstood & give the impression that it was a midifile, & that you didn't play it.

Anyway, I certainly hope that you will post some more of your wonderful music, I'd love to hear some of your piano pieces as well.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by George V:
[B]
Bruce, I play an inexpensive Yamaha DGX-305 keyboard. It has its likes and much more dislikes - the worst shortcoming is that there is not a line out. So the piece was recorded through the phones output with the help of an Audigy 2 soundboard.
What you heard was a recorded midi file (I was not playing live).

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online