SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#108237 - 08/17/02 08:21 PM And the winner is..................
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The XD9 was sold today. Who had this square?
Irnically, as I was showing the features to the new owner ... I was a little sad to see it go. This sucker has AMAZING sound. Too bad we're not a good match. On the bright side .... now that it's officially gone ... I can torment myself with what ESLE to get now. The PA80 is getting closer all the time to staying in the setup, but I need a few more things before I'll be "there".

BTW - I played a PA60 yesterday. Same beast as far as styles go and layout too, but they really changed the keys. They remind me of my old i5s - short and stubby, but so-so in response. At least it's cheap. Maybe that'll be a good backup because all the patterns will be the same. No learning curve.
The sound system was respectible too. I think it's hard to tell the difference between the 60 and the 80.

#108238 - 08/17/02 10:37 PM Re: And the winner is..................
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Yeah, but soon the new Tyros will be out.
And only about 20Lbs. Sweeeeet.

What do you think UD

#108239 - 08/17/02 11:52 PM Re: And the winner is..................
Uncle Dave Offline

Eric,
The Tyros will not be a consideration for me because they omitted the BUILT IN speakers. I don't care how they made provisions for them , if they are not built in ... I'm not interested. I rely on the speakers to keep my volume in check, and my vocals IN my face. It's more than a comfort ... it's a neccesity for all my work - large or small.

I will, however take a serious look at the kn7000. Even though the harmonizer was left out. I have come to accept that I need an outpoard harmonizer. No one has made one that suits my needs, so I no longer look at that as an issue. As long as there are audio inputs to run my laptop and harmonizer ... I'll give it a try.

#108240 - 08/18/02 06:43 AM Re: And the winner is..................
Dnj Offline

Dave,

with the KN7k you can omit bringing the laptop also. Put the Mp3's, lyrics, etc. on the Smart card. But as Scott mentioned the durability of the flip screen makes me wonder during live performance. Hmmmmm?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-18-2002).]

#108241 - 08/18/02 08:40 AM Re: And the winner is..................
Uncle Dave Offline

I like the advantages that the laptop offers. I will never be comfortable with all the tricks in one unit because of breakdowns or electrical gremlins. At least with two separate sound sources .... I have a built in back up on the set. Gives me a little piece of mind.

So far .... I am making the PA80 do my bidding pretty well. This is like breaking a horse ....... it's really stubourn, but when "who's boss" is finally determined ..... it works hard to serve the master. She's a good old horse at this time. But McDonalds is just a phone call away ..... !

#108242 - 08/18/02 10:10 AM Re: And the winner is..................
Dnj Offline

I hear ya Dave,

I love the laptop also, can't imagine playing without it. It's to versatile to leave out of my setup also.

#108243 - 08/18/02 11:32 AM Re: And the winner is..................
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
I hear ya Dave.
Everybody has different needs.
I have talked to some people and they like the idea of optional speakers.

Keep us posted about the KN-7000

Eric

#108244 - 08/19/02 07:37 AM Re: And the winner is..................
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey UD. Here's the answer to your problem w/the Tyros. Go to Audiovideoman.com and click on speakers, then Ellula inflatables. I heard a rumor that they're coming out in girls too, so you can have female backup.

#108245 - 08/19/02 01:19 PM Re: And the winner is..................
Uncle Dave Offline

External speakers AND female backups are WAY down on my list of priorities !

I love working alone, and carrying as little as poossible to do so !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online