SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#108111 - 01/02/04 06:13 PM Re: New Guy...
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Captain, Welcome to Synth Zone, sounds like you have been
around the block a time or two
Denny

#108112 - 01/03/04 05:35 AM Re: New Guy...
trtjazz Offline

Russ,
A grand welcome! Look forward to perhaps hearing some of your work.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#108113 - 01/03/04 12:11 PM Re: New Guy...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Welcome to the forum, Russ. It's a great place to hang out, share, and learn... which at times can use a captain. Congrats on the SD1, great KB and you'll have a ball with it. I've had mine now for 9 months and still learning... and still loving it.

Glenn

#108114 - 01/05/04 06:42 AM Re: New Guy...
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Yes, and a warm welcome from me as well.

I played out using the MS40 for over 8 years but I changed around a year ago to a more up-to-date Ketron. I didn't go for the SD1 as I didn't want to carry a 76 note keyboard around. I got the smaller XD3 module which I play with a lightweight 61 note KB on gigs but also with a fully weighted 88 note one at home/studio. I gigged with tonewheel organs and Rhodes in the 70's and like UD love the sound (and feel) but now I'm an old guy the Ketron is close enough.

I have always loved George Benson's stuff right from his earlier "standard" jazz style to his latest funkier stuff and the accompanyments and voices (especially live drums) are (IMHO)the closest for me.

I know you will find a lot of new friends here. I'm sure you wont agree with what everyone has to say but for me, reading everyone's opinion has opened my eyes on many issues and affected my opinion over the last couple of years

KFingers (UK)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online