SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#107925 - 02/05/05 10:53 AM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
BlkNotes Offline

Dear MusicMan4Christand Anyone Else who can assist;

Thank-you for your reply. On having read the OMB website ( and not being clear about a couple of issues), I wish to draw apon your experience.

As I understand the OMB and please correct me if I am wrong;

No.1 It has an auto-accompaniement feature, but no styles contained in the software. So what one would have to due is either download or purchase styles?? It seems as if the OMB software is geared towards yamaha styles, but can other companies styles be used as well ie Korg, Ketron, Roland etc..)

No.2 Since synthesizers ( in your instance a motif , neko etc..) don't have an arrangement section ( i.e. no buttons to allocated to various styles, intro, variations, ending) one would have to have a computer connected with a screen, that you would then select the specific styles that you wanted. And wait while it loaded into the keyboard ( does this process take long by the way--worried about use in live shows) After this point it would work just like an arranger?? i.e. play specific chord patterns and the OMB would follow in the particilar key?? Does it have chord memory--ie when you play a chord and let go does the chord still continue until you stop the style or change to another chord. Further, I guess you would assign differnt keys on the synth/Motif to trigger starts/stop/ variations/ endings, Tempo( i guess tempo would have to be assigned to a wheel, or up/down buttons of some sort) ????

So I would say that the main diference in an OMB/synth set-up vs Arranger KB would be that instead of selcting the styles, tempo, intos/variations/endings from the physical buttons on the arranger keyboard, you would select all this information from a computer with screen with OMB loaded on to it

Is this correct????

Is it difficult to set up an OMB/syth option when doing it from scratch ( i.e. no styles ) to the point where its just like and arranger keyboard with respect to the auto-accompaniment???? lets say 2-300 styles ready to go to play live at a gig

I appreciate your help
Regards;
SCP

#107926 - 02/05/05 01:07 PM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I just bought the program and it does come with some styles, but you can find hundreds or thousands for free at various sites.
Go back to the web site I think all your questions are answered if you follow all the links.
I think there is a tutorial for converting other styles for use. I haven't done it yet so I can't answer from experience.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online