SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#107905 - 01/26/05 07:00 AM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I am an old organ player. I never have played piano. I have no problem with the Tyros having 61 keys. I also have no problem with the key size and feel.

Tom

#107906 - 01/26/05 07:26 AM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote:
Originally posted by The Pro:
I have an idea for a Tyros III - it'd be cool for Yamaha to invent a keyboard that could be expanded. It seems like you could have a 61-note arranger with covered side areas on either side of the keybed that could be removed and an expansion keybed plugged in. For that matter you could have optional plug-in powered speaker modules also. Oh well.

A 61-note keyboard on a Tyros II is a deal-breaker for me too. It's a non-negotiable point. Guess that's why it's being called a "Tyros II" instead of a "Tyros Pro".

You come up with the greatest ideas. Kudos to you Pro. You are always thinking out of the box.
The Tyros is very big, big enough to have 76 keys. An instrument dealer can have spare keybeds in stock. When a customer wants to buy a Tyros, he asks, will that be 76 or 61 keys. 76? Ok. He removes the 61 keybed, pulls out the two covering panels on both sides, and slides in the 76 keybed. Yamaha does not have to manufacture a 61 & 76 keyboard, just the keybed. Don't like the feel of that one? Ok. try this premium keybed instead.
Starkeeper

#107907 - 01/26/05 07:44 AM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
Ohrenarzt Offline

The head is very big, big enough to have a brain. A surgeon can have spare brains in stock. When a customer wants to buy a head, he asks, will that be low level or high-level brain. High? Ok. He removes top of the head, pulls out the two covering panels on both sides, and slides in high-level brain. God does not have to manufacture a brain, just the head. Don't like the feel of that one? Ok. Try this premium brain instead.

#107908 - 01/26/05 07:55 AM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
I think Yamaha is just playing the feild and staying in the game until they come out with an all new series including arranger based on VST. I'm sure they already have prototypes. Don't be surprised to see something in the imediate future.

#107909 - 01/26/05 08:36 AM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
PraiseTheLord Offline

Loc: N Fort Myers, FL, USA
For those of us with chronic tennis elbow, the light and short key feel of the Tyros is a real plus!

Yes, I prefer 76 keys, but frankly I like the light weight of the current Tyros. And, I have figured out workarounds when I need those extra keys, so it still works.

Like Scott, I was bitterly disappointed to see no improvement in the Music Finder. The Song Book on the Korg Pa1X is awesome!

Also, there has to be some increase in the User space, I am sure they cannot miss that one!

I have to believe the price will be similar to the current Tyros, or their sales will drop dramatically.

------------------
Graham

#107910 - 01/26/05 01:24 PM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
tonkan Offline

Loc: Sweden
It would be very strange if the have not increased the number of real time parts. Especially a manual bass part for foot bass players.
Everyting else I could live with.

#107911 - 01/26/05 03:59 PM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
KN_Fan Offline

Keyboard manufacturers keep making keyboards without listening to the USER's needs...this is a conspiracy!!!

If I had a dime everytime somebody said "I want 76 keys, user friendly, good sounds, and compatibility" I'd be able to afford that Pa1X!

#107912 - 01/26/05 04:07 PM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Sounds to me like the PSR 3000 is still going to be the keyboard to buy. Or buy a new tyros now before they switch. I haven't seen anything that would make me want to upgrade to tyros II.

#107913 - 01/26/05 04:16 PM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Pennywizz6:
. i saw this one keyboard that had a full blown dual 1.5ghz processor, 17inch lcd built in and so on for around that much. I wish i could find it again, it was way sweet. I dont have any exsperiance or seen/heard it before, but on paper i would much rather see one of them in my house.

Phil

http://www.lionstracs.com/index.php?module=Static_Docs&func=view&f=/screenshots.html

http://www.openlabs.com/

Neko is another one, Check it out...

------------------
ViLo
HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY!

[This message has been edited by ViLo (edited 01-26-2005).]

#107914 - 01/27/05 06:15 AM Re: Internal news about the new Tyros II.
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by KN_Fan:
Keyboard manufacturers keep making keyboards without listening to the USER's needs...this is a conspiracy!!!

If I had a dime everytime somebody said "I want 76 keys, user friendly, good sounds, and compatibility" I'd be able to afford that Pa1X!

- yeah, but we are also assuming that Tyrs wll keep or improve its polyphony, and not degrade to measly 62 voices, that it will continue perfecting its excellent button-based user interface, rather than switch to a dreaded touch-screen. Those are just two of the reasons that keep me away from the PA1X. I also happen to like Yamaha sounds better, but that's just my opinion - if you are happy with the Korg, more power to you.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online