SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#107496 - 08/23/01 04:45 AM 3° reply to Arbaz
korgy Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi Arbaz,

I did your tricks.
Imust say that i'm still in v.2.0 cause i'm using my pa80 which is back in the store and i was afraid to get problems, the man of the shop is nice to let me tweak.

Here are the results :

1°) i don't get the sign [] > in the screen
2°) You must admit that the way you put the sliders is not normal
3°) YES, the Drums and Acc. tracks did play at 60 i'v put for them, BUT the other parts of the style did play high cause the sliders are pretty high.

4°) EVEN if your tricks worked great, i can't imagine me doing this each time i use the sequencer.

I thant you once more and wish you nice holidays.
Korgy

#107497 - 08/23/01 05:34 AM Re: 3° reply to Arbaz
Arbaz Offline

Well I am not going to write every detail again, because it is very clear to me that you don't want to understand my posts and you obivously don't like to explore your PA-80, have I have been talking to walls?? whatever I told you in the previous post was every single detail I did on my PA-80 so you can achieve the same results as I did you asked about the drum volumes too high, well the problem was solved was it not? if you feel like lowering other volumes do so, and please read my other posts clearly PA-80 RECORDS PERFORMANCE IN BSQ NOT STYLE !! if you want to change volume settings in a style go to style rec mode and than make the changes there and save the style the Reason PA-80 behaves in this way is simple in its style you can set different volume and different instrument in each variation but I think right now it is too much for you to understand so please read the PA-80 manual again and again till you know it, now let me answer your questions?

1°) i don't get the sign [] > in the screen

ANSWER: How did you choose different parts I don't have a way to draw the particular sign you see in your PA-80 but it is there thats how you choose different programs or styles.

2°) You must admit that the way you put the sliders is not normal

Answer: It is perfectly normal did you by any chance read what it says on the second slider it is ACC/SEQ VOLUME SLIDER it will control ACC in style play mode and SEQ volume in song and BSQ mode so I suggest you keep it all the way up in BSQ so you can hear what you are recording at maximum level and keep the first slider master volume slider to a comfortable level, third slider is assignable you can keep it anywhere you want.

3°) YES, the Drums and Acc. tracks did play at 60 i'v put for them, BUT the other parts of the style did play high cause the sliders are pretty high.

ANSWER: I have already answered that read the post set the volumes to your likings and than save them.

4°) EVEN if your tricks worked great, i can't imagine me doing this each time i use the sequencer.

ANSWER: You will not have to do it if you simply save your setting at the first place PA-80 keeps them in the memory.

I think that you have made up your mind and want to get YAMAHA 9000 well you need no excuse to do so, me on other hand I will not get a YAMAHA 9000 cause PA-80 sounds are much better and clear than YAMAHA's so called AWM voices.

#107498 - 08/23/01 06:02 AM Re: 3° reply to Arbaz
Roel Offline

Hi Korgy,
It is not needed to start a new 'thread' or 'topic' on every reply to Arbaz.
Keeping the same thread allows you to keep things together and an overview of all questions & answers.

The thread is automatically positioned in the 'upper area' after every reply.

Enjoy playing !

Roel

#107499 - 08/23/01 07:37 AM Re: 3° reply to Arbaz
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Arbaz & Korgy
I have been following along with your discussion to see if I might learn some things, too. And, yes, the procedure did work on my pa80. BUT, I had to try it twice - the directions are not easy to follow. It's not Arbaz fault. He writes them clearly. It's just a LOT of steps to do what seems like a small thing.
One note to Korgy:
If you don't see the []> on your pa80 screen in step 1, PUSH the button to the left of it to get it to appear. I had to do that. Then the rest is o.k.
Tom

#107500 - 08/23/01 12:53 PM Re: 3° reply to Arbaz
Arbaz Offline

Hello TomTomSF,

Thank you for letting me know that the procedure does work and I know it seems like a lot of steps but trust me once you get use to it, it becomes esay.

Enjoy your PA-80 the best sounding arranger in the market.

#107501 - 08/23/01 12:54 PM Re: 3° reply to Arbaz
korgy Offline

HI everyone,

TomTom you're right, this machine is too difficult for me.

So, i give it up .

END

#107502 - 08/23/01 10:38 PM Re: 3° reply to Arbaz
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Well, I am a slow learner
I am still trying to discover how to edit the style volumes and programs and get them to SAVE properly to the hard drive. I am making progress, but would love step-by-step instructions.
Good luck, Korgy - I think we'll be calling you Yammy pretty soon!
Tom

#107503 - 08/24/01 12:11 AM Re: 3° reply to Arbaz
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Korgy,
Take it back, get the 9000, change your name to Yammy.
DonM

#107504 - 08/26/01 02:24 AM Re: 3° reply to Arbaz
korgy Offline

DonM,

I printed one of your post about psr9000, it was posted 09-20-2000.
I must say i also printed posts of AndyG(01.01.2000), PaulA Smith(09.25.2000) and Micco(03.28.2000).Thank everyone .
I have bought the psr9000, hope i will have no question to ask you about any problem !

Yami ( ex Korgy)

[This message has been edited by korgy (edited 08-27-2001).]

#107505 - 08/26/01 04:29 PM Re: 3° reply to Arbaz
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I believe you'll like the 9000. If I can be of help, let me know.
DonM

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online