SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#107451 - 09/19/05 06:23 AM Wersi back in the UK
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All in the UK
Just got the latest Organ & Keyboard Cavalcade magazine, and in the News section it has been confirmed that Harmony Music of Boston is now the Official UK Dealer for Wersi. http://www.harmony-music.co.uk/ (Web site has yet to be updated with the changes)
This also means that UK Wersi players can now get the flags out, as Wersi is most definitely back in the UK.

Bill

#107452 - 09/19/05 08:49 AM Re: Wersi back in the UK
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Harmony Music of Boston is a good dealer, but if Wersi want to return to strength in the UK they require a dedicated distributor.
Last year Wersi were supposedly setting up their own distribution centre in London but that never materialised.

#107453 - 09/19/05 09:38 AM Re: Wersi back in the UK
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Graham
I agree a distributor would be ideal, and it may come at a later stage.
Regarding the London Base I was talking about this to Wersi at the Blackpool festival, and they said that they found the costs involved were too prohibitive, (Wersi is only a small company) but that they were also looking to other parts of the country to possibly set up.
As I hope to be at Caister again this year I will see if I can find out any more information.

Bill

#107454 - 09/20/05 05:45 AM Re: Wersi back in the UK
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
First of all I'd just like to say that I applaud the direction of open design (Windows/Linux based) that both Lionstracs and Wersi are taking and feel sure that this is where the future of A/Ks will eventually be.

Lionstracs are a new company but Wersi were well established when I fist sold Electronic almost 30 years ago. I always considered them to be grossly overpriced for what they were (even their kit form instruments) but since the announcement of their OAS instruments my curiosity has been aroused by them.

So why-oh-why cannot I get to hear all the wonderful sounds I can read about on the web from them and their customers. I've listened to a demo inluding a grand piano and a couple of organ sounds which are ok but where are the rest.

Unlike Lionstracs, who probaby don't have the money at this early stage in their company lifetime, Wersi should be able to produce some professional videos with quality sounds on the web.

If anyone is considering buying Wersi equipment then checkout it's resale value first to find out what the true cost of buying their stuff is. A friend of mine lost a couple of thousand pounds in 3 months by going the Wersi route.

I have been to see some world class players on Wersi in the past and the organ sound are pretty good and I'm sure the longsamples they use sound ok although I have yet to hear any other than the piano!!! - but I'm yet to be convinced they can provide all of the other stuff that is required to offer a top class arranger. There styles seem mediocre - Come on Wersi - Show us what you can do ..........

KFingers

#107455 - 09/20/05 06:02 AM Re: Wersi back in the UK
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
Liontracs,said before that they are selling a lot of boards worldwide,why aren,t these purchasers not on the sites giving off their opinions,(apart from the 2 or 3 we know about),because its these people who will be the ones that make liontracs really take off?

#107456 - 09/20/05 03:24 PM Re: Wersi back in the UK
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I'll be letting all who want to know what the Lionstracs Mediastation sounds like very soon. I'm taking delivery of mine in the next few days when everything has been loaded onto it. You can then get a true opinion from someone who owns one rather than listening to the demos. This instrument has great potential and offers far more features for your money than the likes of it's competitors. It is not overpriced for it's features either so why not check it out.
Just because Yamaha, Korg or Roland isn't stuck on the back of it doesn't mean that it's not worth a look into. Give it time and I'm sure some MP3's will appear on here from users. I'll post one somewhere as soon as I get my head around it.

#107457 - 09/21/05 02:10 PM Re: Wersi back in the UK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
Liontracs,said before that they are selling a lot of boards worldwide,why aren,t these purchasers not on the sites giving off their opinions,(apart from the 2 or 3 we know about),because its these people who will be the ones that make liontracs really take off?

Hi Nardoni..
you made really a good question...
I really want to know too, because now are out about 300 Mediastation in Lebanon and around arabian country..
here is the proble of the last 3th shipment: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/video/containerx7.wmv
In the Groove X-7 is installed about 100 new GIG Oriental sounds, around 2Gb data, for that they buy like crazy.
All MS are delivered from my distributor and I really dont know WHO had buy it.
My distributor still use a dialup 32Kbs modem for the Internet and for that we dont have a lot of communications.
All the user there dont have internet too and still working with Floppy disks for share midifiles/styles data...
Anyway..sure someday they exit and "MAYBE" they will post here too.
But I really dubit that they will post here, because this is not one arranger forum, this is a special forum where all can post personal life problems and ideas..
Cheers

#107458 - 09/21/05 04:55 PM Re: Wersi back in the UK
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
Domenik,i am glad to see that you are still staying in touch on this site,even though i may never buy a mediastation, (i like the very easy keyboards to operate) i still like to see you persevere independant from the big manufacturers to produce your dream, and i think you will do it, as far as other buyers of mediastation not using this site,,,there are other sites all over the world,and believe me if something is good ,word will get around.Benno did get critisism here but he also got a lot of support,you did reduce the prices like you said you would,and so i also believe ,your products will be as good as you say.so things should only get better for you.

#107459 - 09/22/05 07:53 PM Re: Wersi back in the UK
renig Offline

Loc: Canada

[This message has been edited by renig (edited 09-22-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online