SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#107346 - 05/24/07 08:59 PM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Unfortunately, the Roland forum has pretty much languished in neglect here at SZ for at least two years (that I know of), possibly a result of the incredibly hostile reaction Roland users received on the main SZ arranger forum for a while, but possibly (I like to think this, at least!) because of the incredible site Søren put up based out of Denmark (but still - very generously, IMO - entirely in English!), that took a very friendly approach, and an organized attitude towards bug reporting that Roland have acknowledged helped them greatly during the shakedown period for the new generation of arrangers.

Add to that Roland's acknowledgment of the worth of our Feature Request forum (that Roland incorporated SEVERAL user suggestions from into the OS updates), and a pretty firmly moderated general forum (plus, you can't get too much defensive/combative posts on a forum that ALL of us had the same arranger!), and it is hard to drop into the SZ Roland forum and see a post or two a month, tops, compared to what the Danish G70 Users Club used to get.

One strength of the new Roland-arranger.com site is that ALL content can be hosted on-site. User demos, files of most any kind (legal, that is!) user videos, official Roland stuff, just about anything is right on the site. No having to post ay yousendit, and provide links (that expire), no having to email each other (although we do have an entire user email client and user postboxes), no having to go elsewhere for content. It's a one-stop shop!

So while in NO way do I encourage anyone to not post at the SZ Roland forum, unfortunately I am already invested (and many, many others too) in the Roland-arranger site, and don't really feel the need to duplicate our efforts.

I still surf in the SZ Roland forum from time to time, and try to help out if I can, but it usually, these days, just to post a link to the needed information at our site...

#107347 - 05/24/07 10:01 PM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
BEBOP: "Now restarting Roland Arranger Forum"

didn't know the Roland forum on this site had been shut down??

#107348 - 05/25/07 03:45 AM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
weissefar Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
we share common info, styles, songs, etc. via forums, email lists, word of mouth and in person as the opportunity presents itself.
In fact 7 years ago I started the Technics forum that is here in the Synthzone by using email only as that was all I had at that time. That was back when the UK Forum was treating us like second class citizens and we soon vacated their forum.
Bebop

Hi BEBOP

When treated like second class of course people invent their own ways to communicate. But that is not how we (the Roland-arranger community) are treated today, right? So no need for en e-mail list, if you ask me...

I have the deepest respect for your choice in wanting to communicate via closed e-mail lists and I wish you the best of luck in doing that.

I can tell you that I started communicating with other G-70 users back in December 2004 via an e-mail list, so I have tried this approach in knowledge sharing.

My experience is, however, that an open forum leads to a greater success, so I will personal go for that way of communicating (www.roland-arranger.com)

At roland-arranger.com we also share info, styles, songs, registrations, user sets, MP3's, videos etc. etc. Everything for free and of common benefit of ALL the users in the global community. So I don't think that a closed email list will provide me with stuff that I don't already have - on the contrary, a closed email list will prevent someone from acquire new skills and new files. I am not a big fan of such a strategy...

[This message has been edited by weissefar (edited 05-25-2007).]

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online