SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#107336 - 05/20/07 06:51 PM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I have been doing more playing then studying in this 280 page manual so I don''t have much of anything new to report. I did get an E from Roland Sales Manager and he told me more about the things he had installed in it for me. I need to look into those things next.
I have no idea how to get any of the info you asked for out of the keyboard and into a post.
I really hesitate to dig into things I don't yet know or understand about this keyboard because of the off chance of changing something and loosing the great sound it has.
So...........I am proceeding very cautiously at this point. This is the first roland keyboard I have ever had out of the many others except for the JV1080 Rack Module with 4 insert cards in it that is still in one of the racks. That means it is a totally new learning curve for me.
I sure hope that anyone that has any helpful information will post it here for us Roland Newbies,
Best to all,
Bebop

#107337 - 05/20/07 11:30 PM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Bebop
Just do a backup of all your settings before you change anything, that way if it goes wrong you won’t loose anything. (As you progress with the instrument don’t forget to delete earlier Backups to free up disk space)
Also don’t forget to go to bed once in a while, as E80 will still be there in the morning.

Bill

#107338 - 05/21/07 02:06 AM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My first piece of E80 advice, bebop, is get an FC-7 footswitch if you haven't already. It makes for almost 90% hands-free running of the arranger without taking your hands from the keyboard (probably 75% of all arranger mistakes come from taking the left hand off the keys to hit a button, and then dash back for a chord change).

I even use mine for sustain, too. I just carry the FC-7, no sustain pedals (although I am thinking of going back to regular piano sustain pedals and getting two more functions on the pedal). At the moment, I use mine like so, from left to right

Var 1 (change auto-fill from the front panel, usually on)
Var2
Var3
Var 4
Lower sustain
Upper sustain
Leslie Fast/Slow

But I'm sure you'll have your own priorities. Just get one. I couldn't gig without mine, hardly....

#107339 - 05/21/07 04:18 AM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
weissefar Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP: I sure hope that anyone that has any helpful information

Hi BEBOP,

Here are 50 great tips for you . They are G-70 tips, but you can use most of them on your E-80 too. Some of the tips might be important to you as a newbie...

There are many knowledgeable users here at SZ, and they can probably help you with your questions... But if you want additional help and support I can also offer you help and support by using this board to ask any question that you do not find answers too elsewhere. Your questions will be answered by the most well-informed Roland Arranger community on the Internet! The forum boards are monitored by Roland R&D technicians and the forum administration has direct to Roland via backchannels in the Roland organization. We are looking forward to help, so feel free to ask any question

#107340 - 05/21/07 10:56 AM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
BEBOP Offline

thanks guys, these are good tips and info.
I am only a newbie to Roland and E 80 but over 30 years experience on other keyboards don't really show me how to deal with this Roland OS. I played Piano for 70 years too but that doesn't help much either I am getting it though One page at a time
I am referring other people on my email lists to these posts here in the synthzone too as they are purchasing or considering purchasing of the E 80 so you are actually helping more people then you know.
Thanks again to all,
Bebop

#107341 - 05/21/07 03:48 PM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Bebop
Just do a backup of all your settings before you change anything, that way if it goes wrong you won’t loose anything. (As you progress with the instrument don’t forget to delete earlier Backups to free up disk space)
Also don’t forget to go to bed once in a while, as E80 will still be there in the morning.

Bill

Bill,
How is this backup done. It is done in the computer or in the keyboard and what is it backed up too.
Kindly advise,
Bebop

#107342 - 05/21/07 06:53 PM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
weissefar Offline

Hi Bebop,

One of the user club members at the roland-arranger.com forum has written a "backup for dummies" instruction for the G-70 (which also apply to the E-80), which can be found here . Following the instruction you will backup your data from the internal memory of your G-70/E-80 to your PC.

An alternative backup (light) instruction can be found here. Following the procedure will backup your internal data to an external memory card instead of a PC. You find the instruction here.

Just keep them questions coming. At roland-arranger.com we have a HUGE database of valuable knowledge, and we will be honoured to help and support you

[This message has been edited by weissefar (edited 05-21-2007).]

#107343 - 05/24/07 12:38 PM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
BEBOP Offline

Weissefar this is great and the kind of help we need for this new learning curve.
Would you do me a favor and also post this in the Roland Arranger forum that we are going to use for these G and E keyboards at: http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=38&SUBMIT=Go
I have also started an email list and would invite you to share with us via email too. My email addy is just above.
thanks much,
Bebop

------------------
BEBOP
Senior Member SYNTHZONE FORUMS Retired Moderator of Technics Forum. Now restarting Roland Arranger Forum
Bill Forrest in Central CALIF. USA
ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 05-24-2007).]

#107344 - 05/24/07 02:40 PM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
weissefar Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:I have also started an email list and would invite you to share with us via email too.

Hi BEBOP
With all due respect I will refrain from sharing knowledge via email lists, because knowledge in that case will only be shared with the users on that specific email list. Instead I prefer to share knowledge in an open forum so everyone can benefit from the information in the forum threads. Please be tolerant with me if I misunderstand something. I wish you the best of luck and as mentioned before the roland-arranger.com community will be ready to answer any question from you and others struggling with your new Roland arranger keyboards

#107345 - 05/24/07 07:47 PM Re: Who is using a Roland E80 arranger here ? any thoughts/opinions?
BEBOP Offline

we share common info, styles, songs, etc. via forums, email lists, word of mouth and in person as the opportunity presents itself.
In fact 7 years ago I started the Technics forum that is here in the Synthzone by using email only as that was all I had at that time. That was back when the UK Forum was treating us like second class citizens and we soon vacated their forum.
Bebop

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online