SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#107177 - 11/14/03 06:53 PM Another problem
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
BIAB is working very well at present and so is Amazing slow downer. However, I was going to try to reinstall BIAB day before yesterday. PG Music said to type "d:\setup" in the run box. It gave a message that it could not be found.

So I just tried to do that again tonight just to check it out to see if that was corrected, and it was not.

I get the same message that d:\setup or one of it's components cannot be found.

Anyone have any idea what's happening here? I've installed software before like this with no problem. My CDRW is assigned as D, I'm sure.

Also the scroll bar isn't working right on the forum here and on email. The up arrow scrolls to the top and the bottom arrow scrolls to the bottom.

It works when I grab the box and click and hold the mouse button and slide it where I want it.

thanks again for all of your help with this mess.
Boo

#107178 - 11/14/03 07:21 PM Re: Another problem
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Boo,

Go to My Computer and check to see if all the drives are present. I had a loose cable once that intermittently disconnected by CDRW. Did some wierd things. If all the drives are present, then put the CD into the drive, right click the drive and click explore. You should see setup. If you do, double click it and it should work.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#107179 - 11/14/03 07:44 PM Re: Another problem
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally posted by Boo:

"Also the scroll bar isn't working right on the forum here and on email. The up arrow scrolls to the top and the bottom arrow scrolls to the bottom."

Uh, Boo, that's what happens "normally" when you push the 'up' Arrow - "it is suppose to scroll UP to the "top" of the page. The 'down' Arrow when pressed scrolls DOWN to the bottom of the page. This is normal. So you're saying your Computer does the opposite maybe?? When you press the up arrow it scrolls to the bottom of the page?? And when you press the down Arrow it scrolls to the top of the page?? Now THAT would be abnormal.

Also, about your other questions; are you sure the CD-ROM, ie., (BIAB) is IN the CD-ROM DRIVE when you type in d:\setup? The CD-ROM HAS to be in the CD-ROM Drive first before you can get a result. Also, if you are not sure that the CD-ROM is the "D" drive maybe try "E:\setup" or "F:\setup" to see if that does the trick. NOTE: Before you re-install BIAB I would recommend that you un-install BIAB first THEN re-install it.

PS: You can also go into the CD-ROM Drive by double clicking "My Computer" icon and then double click your CD-ROM Drive, eg., D:\, E:\, etc. Once you double click the CD-ROM Drive letter, ie., D:\, etc, then just look for the Setup.exe icon and double click it which will start the install process. Again, the BIAB CD-ROM must be in the CD-ROM Drive 'first' before you would be able to install anything.

Best regards,
Mike

#107180 - 11/15/03 11:15 AM Re: Another problem
brickboo Offline

Mike the scroll is working correctly this morning but not yesterday.

Yesterday when I would click the up or down arrow the page would not scroll, it would jump to the top or jump to the bottom of the page. It's suppose to scroll line by line.

#107181 - 11/15/03 11:30 AM Re: Another problem
brickboo Offline

Gary,

I followed your instructions and the D drive is present, but the word "setup" never appeared in any window. I went through this twice.

When I turned on BIAB this morning it froze up again. I had to hold the off button in for a while to turn off the computer. I went throught and checked the startup programs to make sure they were off, I deleted the cookies temp files etc again and to no avail.

I have a program that uses the D drive with a data CD and it works fine. I think the BIAB CD requires a different command other than (D:\setup, maybe D:\upgrade ) or something else. I emailed PG Music again. Waitng to hear from them. Maybe my disk is damaged and they will send a replacement.

Guess what? I just noticed that the scroll is working to go up but not down. It jumps to the bottom but does scroll up. Ha! Ha!

To error is human! If you really want to screw up, get a computer. This saying should be added to the Bible.

#107182 - 11/15/03 11:33 AM Re: Another problem
Dnj Offline

Boo.....sounds like your P/C needs an overhaul!

#107183 - 11/15/03 03:27 PM Re: Another problem
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Boo. Disable your virus program and try to install again..

#107184 - 11/15/03 03:41 PM Re: Another problem
travlin'easy Offline

Boo,

If the word setup does not appear on the disk, then your computer cannot find what is not there. I just looked at my copy of BIAB and I have version 7.0, which is kind of old compared to some. However, it does have BBSETUP.exe which is the program to install BIAB. This is what you should be looking for. If you don't see that, do you have INSTALL.EXE? That would also serve the same purpose.

In my version 11 upgrade, it has SETUP.EXE, but this is an upgrade--not the full version.

Like DNJ said, you may be looking at either an upgrade for your compter, or at the very lease, a format job.

BTW, I recently purchased a new desktop computer from one of the local computer shops--total cost $315 including CDRW, CDR, Floppy, 1.3 Ghz pentium III processor, 40 Gig HD, sound card, modem and Windows ME installed. Sometimes the small, Ma & Pa operations can provide you with a better deal than the discount stores. I purchased this for a back-up, just in case the one I normally use were to crash. Can't have too many backups--at least that's what I keep telling my wife.

Good Luck,

Gary

#107185 - 11/15/03 06:40 PM Re: Another problem
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Unless you backup into the fireplace trying to stay warm up there in the North.
DonM

#107186 - 11/15/03 08:06 PM Re: Another problem
travlin'easy Offline

Just threw another log into the woodstove. The temperature outside is a brisk (damned cold) 28 degrees. Maybe one day in the near future I'll be able to convince the real boss that we should sell the house, buy a 60 feet sailboat and head for the Florida Keys when the temperature here gets below 75. At my age, any temperature below 75 is the dead of winter!

Cheers,

Gary

#107187 - 11/15/03 08:22 PM Re: Another problem
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Oh it's cold here too, Gary. Why last night the temperature plummeted into the 50's.
Soon, I'll have to dig a jacket out of the closet.
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online