SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#106993 - 11/01/04 02:35 PM Great experience with Z-2200 - and many thanks to synthzoners
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Just want to report that we had a special event for our church get together at my house for about 40 people and it was spectacular both spiritually and musically.

LEts focus on the music aspect now:

The Z-2200 ($50) easily accomodates the keyboard, 4 mics and an electric guitar. Even with 40 people, it can easily provides great oomph. The bass, drums and guitars and vocals all shined through clearly with sufficient power.

I can't imagine a lower priced sound system with this much power. The whole thing costed me less than $150 including the 4 mics (Nady SP-1), Behringer 12 channel mixer and the Z-2200. All brand new units.

Thank you synthzoners. I got all these recs from the people here, every single component of the system.

So, you do not need to spend $500 to get a decent sound system. You can do it for $150 !! For an extra few more bucks you get the mic stands (for like $5-6), music stands (same price) - all from musicians friend.

#106994 - 11/01/04 04:08 PM Re: Great experience with Z-2200 - and many thanks to synthzoners
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I too have experienced similar results with the Z-2200s and highly recommend them for small to mid-size venues with audiences of 80 or less. The quality of the sound is superb, the system is lightweight, and very compact.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#106995 - 11/01/04 04:25 PM Re: Great experience with Z-2200 - and many thanks to synthzoners
Vquestor Offline

I just got my pair last week, and although
I have been only using it indoors, the sound is very impressive.
I was thinking of adding a Boss stereo
multiband EQ unit between my mixer and the
Z-2200 to see if I can really tweak the
sound. Has anyone tried this?

Also, how are many of you protecting it
during transport to and from gigs?

[This message has been edited by Vquestor (edited 11-01-2004).]

#106996 - 11/01/04 05:23 PM Re: Great experience with Z-2200 - and many thanks to synthzoners
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
lukitoh,

Because so many of you recommended these speakers I tried to buy some. I found out they are discontinued and replaced with the Z-2300. When all hope was lost, someone gave me a lead to some stock on Amazon.com. So a few weeks ago I ordered a pair and lo and behold they arrived today. WOW, they sound rich and full and sooo much power.

Thanks everyone for the recommendation!!!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#106997 - 11/01/04 05:26 PM Re: Great experience with Z-2200 - and many thanks to synthzoners
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
So a few weeks ago I ordered a pair and lo and behold they arrived today.

Al, do you know the date you ordered? I ordered on 10/18/04 and the order still shows "not shipped" but otherwise, indicates it is to be shipped.

#106998 - 11/01/04 05:39 PM Re: Great experience with Z-2200 - and many thanks to synthzoners
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Vquestor:
how are many of you protecting it
during transport to and from gigs?

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/008954.html

#106999 - 11/01/04 07:01 PM Re: Great experience with Z-2200 - and many thanks to synthzoners
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Glenn and others,

Unfortunately, I just deleted the photos from my webspace to make room for a new web page that I'm working on.

The bag works great, I've done about a dozen jobs with the Z-2200s, everything transports well and no damage of any kind to the equipment.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#107000 - 11/01/04 08:08 PM Re: Great experience with Z-2200 - and many thanks to synthzoners
Vquestor Offline

Thanks Glen.

Gary, is it possible for you to please email
me the deleted pictures? (vquestor1@yahoo.com)

#107001 - 11/02/04 04:07 AM Re: Great experience with Z-2200 - and many thanks to synthzoners
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
[B]Unfortunately, I just deleted the photos from my webspace to make room for a new web page that I'm working on./B]

Really? Uh, maybe you should get another webhost if those few photos put you over?

Very helpful photos, those were.

#107002 - 11/02/04 04:53 AM Re: Great experience with Z-2200 - and many thanks to synthzoners
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
I'd just like to say thanks to the folks like Gary who pointed me in the direction of to Z2200s. These are fantastic for many of the small to medium size gigs I do. You do need to adjust the EQ a bit to remove a little boomy bass but what a bargain they are.

I think the Z2300 are the same spec but a slightly different design satellite speaker so there should be no reason why people shouldn't buy these instead.

You will probably laugh but I was still using the same PA for the last 20 years because I am such a skinflint so the difference in weight when I now use the Logitechs is unbelievable. I stil need the "old" stuff for larger venues but I'm tempted to see just how big a place I can fill with the little guys.

I havent made the sooper dooper de-lux stands that Gary invented because I have ordered a pair of Tyros speaker adaptors that I will modify to fit the logitech satellites.

I don't know if you guys have seen these but they allow you to use the Tyros speakers or music rest but not have these permanently attached. You can check these out at
http://www.soundland.de/catalog/product_...f3f84681c061b67

I bought mine from the Rock Shop in Germany because they were cheaper for the international carriage charge but the above link is in English.

Or you can do a search on the net for a US site using the product Code "Yamaha TRS-H1".

I have an old hard case that used to be for an old portable "luggable" computer (pre laptops) - All I had to do was adapt the polystyrene foam the speakers came in to fit and I now have really good protection. Funny though, I was on the verge of throwing this old case away but had kept it "just in case I ever needed it" - lol

Anyway, thanks again to you pioneers who try these things out so the rest of us can all benefit from the experience

KFingers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online