SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#106919 - 12/15/06 11:33 AM Re: Ketron SD5 First Impression!
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
The problem with a buyer giving a review is that having already spent all that money he usually has to justify doing so. A buyer giving a poor review in affect is saying he made the wrong choice which he is unlikely to do.

#106920 - 12/15/06 11:47 AM Re: Ketron SD5 First Impression!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I believe I should have said 'potential' buyer, then.....!

And trust me, there are plenty of people here that give unflattering descriptions of equipment they have already bought..... often because they are forced into buying sight unseen because of the scarcity of dealers in their area.

This is where understanding the difference between a dealer's review and a 'potential' or existing buyer's one can save you a lot of money (and remorse!).

#106921 - 12/15/06 12:47 PM Re: Ketron SD5 First Impression!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Don,
now that's a thought,
"middle aged "keyboard addicted" divorcee,
looking for keyboard addicted hubby". haa haa.

Probably just as well my hubby does say "no" every now again, or I'd have a collection of them again. ( Currently I'm limited to 3).

best wishes
Rikki

p.s. you still using G70?? Don't remember reading any updates on your current gear.

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Rikki, maybe you and Steven can get together after your divorces. The family that "plays" together stays together!
:}
DonM

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#106922 - 12/15/06 01:10 PM Re: Ketron SD5 First Impression!
Anonymous
Unregistered

George,
I have the X1 for several years now and I still love it. I can't find any KB have a better rock lead guitar sound as the X1 b/c I like to use this particular instrumental sound when I solo at the break, and plus the X1 style still great. I will try to stop by your place this weekend to test out the SD5 and PA800.

Dan D
LA

[This message has been edited by Dan D (edited 12-15-2006).]

#106923 - 12/15/06 01:20 PM Re: Ketron SD5 First Impression!
jonesyboy Offline

Any one touch settings on the SD5?

#106924 - 12/15/06 05:05 PM Re: Ketron SD5 First Impression!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Diki,
I accept your apology and I apologize to everyone for ever saying anything in the first place. My wife has always told me over the years to think before I write and to not try to read between the lines. In this case I realize you were not criticizing me as much as you warning folks to be cautious of music store owners giving opinions. I thank all those who know me well for jumping to my defense. I am certain that all that have read these posts know that my intentions are always to report as objectively as possible. The one thing about me that you all must know by now, and that all my manufactures know and expect, is for me to say what I think and nothing less.
Now, let's get on with having fun around here.
You can have 12 pages of one touch settings. These 12 pages come factory loaded but you can make the pages fill up with all of the sounds you want in all these location. When you touch the "1 touch" button, a light comes on and you are now in the one page of the 1st page of the 12
Next, there is another button called "1 touch to style". If you turn this button's light on, any 1 of the 12 pages you select to be the one which is assigned to a style will be selected.
In each page of the 1 touch you have 10 choices.
I also just realized that there is about 4 mb of additonal memory in the SD5 over the XD9 and you should be able to load about 130 patterns of your choice from floppy or hard drive without needing the pattern expansion memory which allows you to load 200.
I also want to let Allen know, who bought one from me and asked me this question, you can load single registrations from a hard drive but you must have the patterns you need with these single registrations already loaded into the pattern memory.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566 www.kayesmusicscene.com

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 12-15-2006).]
(Retired 2021)

#106925 - 12/16/06 11:34 AM Re: Ketron SD5 First Impression!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No problem, George. I hope you understand the post was in no way a criticism of you personally, and to clarify a little further, I would never warn anyone about one of your reviews! Read EVERYTHING is my motto, and then go play it for an afternoon (I would drive you crazy if I lived nearby!).

I was merely trying to point out the constraints you have to write under (and I even believe that, if you got a total lemon from a manufacturer you WOULD be the first to let us know, dealership be damned!).

We so often hear of members that have to buy sight unseen, and often relatively unheard, due to SOME manufacturers' poor websites (hint, hint!), that having a clear understanding of where and who a review comes from helps the potential buyer to sift through the mess of conflicting reviews (the partisanship when the G70 first came out is a case in point). This gives them a clearer picture of what they are plonking down their hard-earned cash for!

FIRST comes the manufacturer's glowing description, NEXT comes the dealer opinions (and George's are some of the LEAST biased I have ever read - kudos!), and finally come the reviews from the users themselves, with their own set of needs and expectations layered in...... It's a minefield out there!

#106926 - 12/16/06 02:31 PM Re: Ketron SD5 First Impression!
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by jonesyboy:
Any one touch settings on the SD5?

As the manual is downloadable, it might be a nice place to find out

Link : http://www.ketron.it/manuali/manualeSD5Eng.zip

Quote: 1 Touch 60 programmable 1 Touch/Favourite Sounds, assignable to Styles.

Happy Playting
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#106927 - 12/19/06 12:39 PM Re: Ketron SD5 First Impression!
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Just reading the owner's manual and I see on page 22 it says the Polyphony is labeled as 64.

It does say that it is dual oscilators per note,

I thought it was 128?

#106928 - 05/19/07 11:43 AM Re: Ketron SD5 First Impression!
Dnj Offline

I hope to really enjoy the SD5 Demo this week....Im really hearing some nice things in many ways about it. Some very kool features inside this baby!. More to come.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online