Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#106818 - 09/11/03 11:19 AM Re: Re: 911
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Donny,

Nice work.

Uncle Dave sent me the pictures too so I'll just give out the URL's for them and there ya go.

http://genny.lib.umn.edu/uncledave/drums2.jpg

http://genny.lib.umn.edu/uncledave/band.jpg

Cute little girl! Great pictures!

mike

#106819 - 09/11/03 11:52 AM Re: Re: 911
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Very nice Will. You too Donny...

9-11 was a tragic event of the scope that will have me always remembering exactly where I was and the shock and disbelief I felt.

I was coming home from a week's vacation in NH and as is our tradition we stopped at the Bear Notch deli in Bartlett for our final breakfast meal before the 7+ hour trip. We left the deli at about 8:30 am. I almost never turn on the radio on Kancamangus highway because it is a very hilly and mountainous area, and reception is generally poor, but for some reason I had it on and the reception was ok. I was listening to Imus in the Morning when the first plane hit. The reports were unclear at that point as to what happened, but as soon as the secfond plane hit, I, like most of the world, figured out pretty quickly what had happened. The ride home was surreal, and I can't quite describe the feeling I had, except I sensed that many lives were changed forever. I barely noticed the ride home anymore and it seemed like the 7 hours went by in about 15 minutes.

Here in upstate NY, it seems like everyone knows someone who was at the World trade center that day. My wife's best friend lost a cousin there. One of my co-workers lost a firefighter cousin named Doug Miller who responded to help at the scene. Today I saw his name on the back of our local paper along with the names of the other residents of the area who lost their lives that day..

I wish we knew better ways that peoples of different cultures could resolve their differences so that things like 9-11 and wars didn't have to happen. I like many of us, felt and still do feel a sense of anger and a need to bring to justice those responsible for this act of terror, but I also hope that future generations can find better ways to settle differences. It may or not be a realistic expectation, but I can hope....

AJ

#106820 - 09/11/03 05:26 PM Re: Re: 911
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
It was a very moving day at ground zero today. The toughest part was hearing the children call out their parents names and saying how much they loved and missed them. The outpouring of grief was shared by many, many, many cultures, denominations, religions, nationalities that were there.

It was heartbreaking seeing people walking to the ceremony holding up framed pictures of their loved ones. The only thing that spoiled the day were the cockroach, vulture-like media who had microphones and cameras shoved into everyones face.

All I can say after a day like today is to ask that we all tolerate, respect, and take care of each other, this we MUST DO...

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#106821 - 09/12/03 08:29 AM Re: Re: 911
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
kbrkr ... I got 'goose-bumps' reading about the children and other relatives and friends at Gound Zero yesterday ... We MUST never forget ... and, yes, we SHOULD be good to each other because we do not know what the next moment brings.... at a gig the other night I did Garth Brook's "If tomorrow never comes" and a couple at the piano bar commentede on what a meaningful song it is...
http://www.planetgarth.com/lyrics/if_tomorrow_never_comes.shtml

t.

#106822 - 09/12/03 08:36 AM Re: Re: 911
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
UD.... On a much brighter note, that is a BEAUTIFUL little girl ....
t.

#106823 - 09/13/03 01:12 PM Re: Re: 911
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
She is such a JOY. Her mom miscarried twice before she was born, so we were all SO ready for her when she finally did arive. Ironic that her special day will always be clouded with the sadness of the events. Her Aunt was spared that day because of sleeping late, and 2 other cousins because of non-related events. My family had so many blessing that surrounded that day... I just HAD to find a way to celebrate life on each anniversary of 9/11. Fiona will be my lifeline. A remimder that God's blessings come in camaflouge sometimes.
I've been collecting newspapers, and CD ROM images to put in a time capsule(of sorts) for her...just in case she ever wants to see what we did on her birthday.

The pictures are a great way to add a positive spin to a very somber day.
Peace...... it's LONG overdue.
(Was it EVER here?)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online