SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#106695 - 08/15/02 03:41 PM Re: XD9 demos .....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Scott!

Here they are, the long waited XD9 demos from our charismatic friend Uncle Dave
http://homepage.oninet.pt/991mnx/ud_demos/UD_XD9_Demos.zip

-- José

#106696 - 08/15/02 08:51 PM Re: XD9 demos .....
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
I could only hear the first one the other two were giving me errors about CRC and the size not being the right one. Seems that they maybe gotten corrupted when I downloaded them!

The first one is very nice UD. Did u sequece any of it, or was it all live? Sometimes I hear you play solo sax yet a group of saxes fills in the background. Is that part of a midi song? or a sequnce or are you that fast?

Nice

#106697 - 08/15/02 09:44 PM Re: XD9 demos .....
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I got error messages too, but was still able to salvage parts of the second and third files ( the first one was good all the way through ).
The rendition of jobim melody sounded great. Nice flute sound and fairly realistic sax too. Drums and bass sounded pretty good to me too.

DanO, when Tyros comes out and you get one.. I'm a commin' to see ya. I wanna see the XD9 too.

AJ

#106698 - 08/15/02 10:58 PM Re: XD9 demos .....
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Mosiqaar (and all)
Every solo note was played in real time, by my right hand, but I DID show off the harmony feature on Begin the Beguine saxes.

When it went solo .... I just turned off the "section."

The rhythm was entirely the arranger. I wanted you all to hear the programmed accompaniments, and not my bass playing. The intention was to show how good the factory stuff sounded on the XD.

The shame for me is that - I won't get the benefit from the preprogrammed stuff as much as some others and that is why I have to sell it. So ..... believe me - this is NOT a bug issue ... It's personal, that's all.

I think the flute and saxes are two of the best I've heard. Bar none.

#106699 - 08/16/02 03:39 AM Re: XD9 demos .....
Anonymous
Unregistered

If more of you find errors in the file, it is possible that the problem was uploading the files to my server. The file is the same Scott emailed me directly, and I had no trouble playing none of the three files. Please report troubles and I'll consider uploading the file again.

I agree with Dave, sounds are great. But I do not find a significant difference between XD series sounds and the previous X series (even flute or sax).

-- José.

#106700 - 08/16/02 05:21 AM Re: XD9 demos .....
rgtaa Offline

2 of the files are corrupt ... i confirm it.

Do you have WinRAR ... that's alot better then the ancient zip format! IMO

#106701 - 08/16/02 07:27 AM Re: XD9 demos .....
Stevizard Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA
Sorry but all 3 were corrupt on my system. Could access any of them.

#106702 - 08/16/02 08:46 AM Re: XD9 demos .....
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
I also could not open the second and third files. They were reported as having CRC errors.
Paul C.

#106703 - 08/16/02 09:11 AM Re: XD9 demos .....
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey guys and gals,

I too got the check-sum errors when unzipping but the files still played for me (for the most part).

Here's the deal, I'm working on a 'streaming audio' project here so I decided to make these available via Windows Media Player for now, more options to come (web page with links, RealAudio, etc.)

(hopefully I'm not infringing on anything or anybody)(if so, let me know and I'll pull them)

Start up Media Player, on older versions click on Open, newer versions click on Open URL.

[url=mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/beginthebeguine.mp3][url=mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/beginthebeguine.mp3][url=mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/beginthebeguine.mp3]mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/beginthebeguine.mp3[/url][/url][/url]

[url=mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/jobimmedley.mp3][url=mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/jobimmedley.mp3][url=mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/jobimmedley.mp3]mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/jobimmedley.mp3[/url][/url][/url]

[url=mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/canadiansunset.mp3][url=mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/canadiansunset.mp3][url=mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/canadiansunset.mp3]mms://stream.lib.umn.edu/canadiansunset.mp3[/url][/url][/url]

(looks like you will have to cut&paste these)

The last one, Canadian, is the one that suffers from the check-sum error, it only plays for about 35 seconds.

GREAT STUFF! You really did a nice job and the keyboard sounds great too!

Have fun!

mike

[This message has been edited by msutliff (edited 08-16-2002).]

#106704 - 08/16/02 09:15 AM Re: XD9 demos .....
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
Hey guys and gals,

I too got the check-sum errors when unzipping but the files still played for me (for the most part).

The last one, Canadian, is the one that suffers from the check-sum error, it only plays for about 35 seconds.

GREAT STUFF! You really did a nice job and the keyboard sounds great too!

Have fun!

mike

Exactly my experience with the files as well.

AJ

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online