SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#106662 - 08/30/04 02:42 PM Re: ....AND THEN ....
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
There are certain tunes that I simply will not play (no country music...done that, don't like it, won't do it!).

Ahhh, Captain Russ...tell me it isn't so.
There are some great country songs that have crossed over and get requested even at the fanciest places I play. "For The Good Times" and "Crazy" are just two that I am asked to do everywhere. "Could I Have this Dance" is another that just came to mind.

I worked up a cross over version of Vince Gill's "Look At Us" that has become another staple in the arsonal...especially at anniversary parties. I originally tried it like Vince did it...but it was just too country for my folks. Once I re-worked it, it seems to have universal appeal.

Russ... I have forgotten. Do you sing?

Eddie

#106663 - 08/30/04 04:46 PM Re: ....AND THEN ....
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Eddie, those are fine songs, for someone else.

I do Al Jereau, George Benson, Chris Rea,
Stevie Wonder, Kenny Rankin, Michael Franks, Lou Rawls, Michael McDonald and songs by older singers of standards. Performing songs by these folks are part of why people come to see me.

That being said, I have friends who sing country songs, and I always enjoy seeing them perform.

Nothing AT ALL against country...it's just not for me.

Best regards,

Russ

#106664 - 08/30/04 06:54 PM Re: ....AND THEN ....
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:

Nothing AT ALL against country...it's just not for me.
Russ

No argument here. I also have several often requested songs that I either really don't care for or don't do well...and I simply apologise for not being able to satisfy the request...or tell them I know a few other tunes that use the same notes.

Eddie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online