SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#106626 - 08/01/05 11:04 AM Still don't know how you do it
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I played on a river cruise boat and there were about 50-60 epople on the top deck with me. I used a Kustom KM100 amp (100 watts into a 15" and tweeter). It covered the crowd very well, but my wife said it got considerably quieter toward the back.

I still can't figure out you how some of you guys use Logitechs; it seems to me that coverage and saturation would be less than 100 watts and a 15" speaker. BTW, I was using my 2k, a SC88 and a mic.

#106627 - 08/01/05 12:08 PM Re: Still don't know how you do it
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Cassp,

The Logitech Z-5500, in conjunction with the PSR-3000 (or 2000) utilizes 10 speakers when you include the keyboard's four onboard speakers. This moves a lot of air and a lot of different frequencies. Additionally, it pumps out a full 500-watts RMS power--five times what you're putting out with your current amp. Top this off with a gut thumpin' bass, great mids and phonomenal highs coming from speakers facing in various directions, and you'll find the coverage is extremely broad and far reaching. Like I tell most folks, you'll have to try it in order to believe it. These things really kick butt, and as I and many others had said, the Logitech systems fly in the face of conventional wisdom. The same holds true with the Bose PAS--23 little speakers and a mid-size subwoofer that fill some large venues with evenly-distributed, high-quality sound. It's amazing how many old pros still don't believe this is possible--but it works, and it works extremely well.

Good Luck,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 08-01-2005).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online