SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#106428 - 07/27/06 07:43 AM Re: Yamaha vs. Roland
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You might wait and see what kind of price the G70 commands, now that it is being distributed in the US by the MI division. I would typically expect about $2600. A lot of money, yes, but about $1000 less than CK division were retailing it at.........

That's a LOT of keyboard for a LOT less than a Tyros2 or PA1XPro. If you want the FantomX piano, it's in here..... If you want VK Hammond organ, it's in here....... If you want V-Drum sounds, they're in here....... If you want possibly the best Vocal Harmonizer, well, you get the picture.

The G70 may be more than you originally planned to spend, but now it's going to be about $1000 less, it's something of a bargain.........

#106429 - 07/27/06 08:23 AM Re: Yamaha vs. Roland
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
You might wait and see what kind of price the G70 commands, now that it is being distributed in the US by the MI division. I would typically expect about $2600. A lot of money, yes, but about $1000 less than CK division were retailing it at.........

That's a LOT of keyboard for a LOT less than a Tyros2 or PA1XPro. If you want the FantomX piano, it's in here..... If you want VK Hammond organ, it's in here....... If you want V-Drum sounds, they're in here....... If you want possibly the best Vocal Harmonizer, well, you get the picture.

The G70 may be more than you originally planned to spend, but now it's going to be about $1000 less, it's something of a bargain.........

Diki,

I don't know where your getting your info on the Tyros2, but I purchased mine new 2 months after it was shipping in the US for $2,500.00. I think that counts as LESS than the $2600.00. Don't forget, the Tyros2 either uses the Motif ES sound engine or Visa versa, so you get the Motif Sounds as well.

Just to clear things up a bit....

------------------
Al Giordano
www.al-giordano.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#106430 - 07/27/06 09:17 AM Re: Yamaha vs. Roland
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Al,

Where did you buy yours--at a local store or online? I say that because the average "online" price for a T2 is $3,495-$3,499. Sure you may get one cheaper from a local store that's willing to make a deal, but many actually have no choice, but to shop online, and have to pay the online price because there are "no" good reputable dealers close to us. Myself for example. When I demoed the PSR-1500/3000 that was "hours" away from my home.

I know George, and DanO for example may give you a deal as well, but no disrespect to them (because they are both good dealers), but there are some that would rather shop with a larger online retailer.

So I can understand Diki's position. Going by the average online retailers price, the G-70 is like $100 less than the T2. For $100 less you're getting 76 keys, "touch" color screen (which some like and some don't), "possibly" better vocalizer, although heavier--more solidly built. However, these differences don't always make one "to be better". It's the individuals "specific needs" that will determine that for them.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-27-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online