SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#106376 - 04/19/05 02:34 AM Re: Why the demos are bad ? PSR3000 vs lowly EXR-7
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hey Carrie

Are you able to get after-touch using the controller keyboard.

Just curious as the Tyros does have aftertouch but I don't think the 3000 does. Just wondered how that worked.

Some keyboard and organ companies used to use the same brain of their computer on several different instruments.

Technics was big on that. They would put the same brain in their home organs, top of the line retailing for around $50,000. For around $10,000 you could get the digital piano version, and for around $2500 you could buy their top of the line KN series keyboard.

The top end organ, keyboard and digital piano were all essetially the same.

In the home organ line while they used the same brain, the less expensive you went there were just fewer buttons and less things one could access. Lowrey has done the same thing.

OK, 4:300AM, time to hit the ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Scott Langholff

oh, one last thing on that note. I will be looking forward to when Korg puts their PA1X in a lighter case and sells for less money. Interesting how that went down with the PA80. Wait awhile, out comes the PA60. Wait some longer and out comes the PA50, lighter, a lot less money and it sounds the same as the 80 and has all the features I want to use which is the live play arranger stuff.

#106377 - 04/19/05 02:06 PM Re: Why the demos are bad ? PSR3000 vs lowly EXR-7
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Scott,

No, sadly I've never been able to get it to work. Even if I setup the 3000 to transmit aftertouch, it still doesn't work on the controller keyboard. I really miss it!

Carrie

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online