SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#106340 - 09/08/04 11:35 AM Re: Television 'Song Performance Video' Posted !
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Thanks for letting us see and hear your video Scott. It was a great 'Flashback'!

I took a look at your guestbook and noted that one of your friends made a point of praising , (not once but twice!)your "Cattle CAll", so I took a listen to it.
Glad I did. 'cos it's one of your best.Professional and a definite 'looper'.
cheers
EddieJ

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#106341 - 09/09/04 02:07 AM Re: Television 'Song Performance Video' Posted !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Mike, many thanks for taking the time to checkout the video clip.

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
There was a slight glitch in the 'audio' portion which may also have affected the video slightly also.I am assuming that the 'original' video did NOT have this anomaly and was only 'produced' when you converted it using the Plextor.

The glitch was actually on my copy of the video tape itself, along with the snow . I had forgot to rewind the tape since the last time it was played (at least a few years ago :eek , so because the tape was stopped where my performance section was, this portion of the tape got exposed to the elements. I've found the Plextor M402U Converter to produce excellent results, with the transfer looking nearly identical to the original video tape.

TonyW, welcome BACK to the SZ forum. Great to see you back (finally). I trust you had a terrific vacation. Many thanks for taking time to watch the old video performance.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony W:
Hope there are more videos in the archive.
Best wishes
Tony

I actually do have another TV Show appearance which I appeared as a guest performer, singing 'Route 66', 'Nature Boy', and 'Since I Fell For You' of which I recently converted to digital WMV. I may edit it down & post some short clips, if you guys are really interested.

EddieJ: Glad you enjoyed the video and 'Cattle Call' too. It was interesting (for me) to view that video for the first time in years again too, and see how I've changed my clothing style (and hopefully grown musically as well). Though TonyW & Mike (keybplayer) claim I still look the same, I certainly don't feel the same. As Gary Diamond (travelin easy) continuously reminds us, "getting old ain't for sissies" (or girlie men, as Gov Arnold calls them).

Scott

#106342 - 09/09/04 05:32 AM Re: Television 'Song Performance Video' Posted !
RichUK Offline

Loc: England
Hi Scott,

Very enjoyable indeed! I can see you really put your whole heart into the performance... and I bet the audience was loving it.

Thanks for sharing Scott, will be looking forward to your next video clip.

Take care,
Rich

#106343 - 09/09/04 03:15 PM Re: Television 'Song Performance Video' Posted !
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I may edit it down & post some short clips, if you guys are really interested.

Of course we are interested.... can't wait!
Best wishes
Tony

#106344 - 09/11/04 12:42 AM Re: Television 'Song Performance Video' Posted !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok Tony, you've pulled my arm, I'll go ahead & convert the video footage to digital Mpeg2 and edit it down into a short WMV clip, and post. You may yet get another laugh. - Scott

#106345 - 10/07/04 09:27 PM Re: Television 'Song Performance Video' Posted !
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recently purchased the plextor pxm402u. i am well pleased with the video conversions i have done with my old vhs tapes. only 3 problems i have noticed with this product.

1) When converting i seem to be getting white dots at the top & around the screen??

2) Sometimes a loss in sound having to reboot the pc to get it back??

3) When losing the software sometimes it wont open again hence rebooting the pc once again??

If anyone knows how to cure these i woould be even more of a happy chap with this product than i am now ;-) Thanks Lordzauron

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online