SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#106243 - 11/03/03 08:23 AM Re: A Yamaha Forum
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I agree. I've spent more time here at the general arranger forum than I have in any of the other ones, and a part of that is because it isn't brand specific. Also, there is good input and there are good storylines here and in a way you really do get to know your fellow musicians, even if you never meet in person.

The other forums listed here are all good too. I especially like Simon's, and I still read it often even though I currently do not have a Yamaha arranger. Jorgen's site is outstanding, and I have found many tools and things that are useful even if I don't have a PSR. I don't like the Yahoo format very much, but the forums themsleves ( PSR styles, PSR2000, XG works etc ) are also very good.

AJ

#106244 - 11/03/03 08:42 AM Re: A Yamaha Forum
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Nigel,

I agree with your assessment. I have request though, that the GEM (General Music) forum stays intact. Although there is not much traffic there, But I noticed that many people are watching it including GEM folks. Lot depend on it for getting their specific questions answered. Besides, it has discussions related to GEM synths which are not arrangers.

Thank you very much.

#106245 - 11/04/03 02:17 AM Re: A Yamaha Forum
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I hear what you all are saying and I will not start up a separate Yamaha Arranger Forum. If anything the the Roland Arranger Forum will go away in the near future.

And don't worry about the GeneralMusic Forum, it will always have a home here as will Technics and Ketron.

Thanks for the input, it makes it easier to make decisions.

#106246 - 11/04/03 02:25 AM Re: A Yamaha Forum
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Nigel, if I may be so bold as to make a recommendation for the Forum, I would like to see an indicator on each topic of how many times a topic has been read! There are a lot of participants on this forum that do not post or reply to messages, but do read them and it would be interesting to see which topics are popular are which ones are dull and boring.

As for the latter, most of my topics fall in that category :-) !

Keep up the great work!
Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#106247 - 11/04/03 05:21 AM Re: A Yamaha Forum
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Nigel,

Thanks. Is there a feature in which one can recommend a post if he likes it?

#106248 - 11/06/03 12:15 AM Re: A Yamaha Forum
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by sk880user:
Nigel,

Thanks. Is there a feature in which one can recommend a post if he likes it?

No, the software doesn't provide that. But the next best thing is to put a link to the thread in your posting.

#106249 - 11/06/03 12:19 AM Re: A Yamaha Forum
Nigel Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Nigel, I would like to see an indicator on each topic of how many times a topic has been read!

This BBS software doesn't provide that feature. And because the developer dropped support for this version of the BBS I am not able to upgrade the software without starting a brand new BBS. While I probably will do that at some point in time, it will not be in the near future.

#106250 - 11/06/03 09:58 AM Re: A Yamaha Forum
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
You have to respect a man that can say no!

Have you ever looked at Snitz Forums Software? Free and easy to install. I think Simon uses that at SVPworld. Simon?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online