SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#106142 - 08/13/07 05:18 PM Songs for your enjoyment. I hope
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
I have finally uploaded a few tunes.
They are all midis however, and I am not playing the keyboard on any of them.
I do consider myself pretty good at tweaking. Judge for yourself though.
I sing on 3 of them and back up Heidi on the other 2.
I am also playing guitar on the ones with Heidi. The 2 with Heidi and "Blue Monday" were tweaked and done on my 2100.
The others were tweaked and done on s900.
Straight to the usb recorder. It really works slick. I really love this board and can not wait till my right hand is healed and I can play again. Another 6/7 weeks yet.
Hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment.
You will not hurt or insult me. I've been around the block way too many times to let criticism do anything but help me.
Jim
http://www.esnips.com/web/Tunesetc

hope the link works ok.

[This message has been edited by OldNewb (edited 08-13-2007).]

#106143 - 08/13/07 07:35 PM Re: Songs for your enjoyment. I hope
Dnj Offline

OldNewb....
Thanks for posting your tunes,
I recognize most of them for sure....do you work mainly with SMF? I would suggest if I may, a bit a remixing on the efx/rev & a few steps higher on the singing to draw some more power from the vocals...otherwise
hope your having a good time with your music...I for one certainly enjoyed listening!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-13-2007).]

#106144 - 08/13/07 09:18 PM Re: Songs for your enjoyment. I hope
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Hi Donny, and thank you for listening and for your critique. I agree with you entirely on the effects/reverb. Also, I know I had mic too hot and so could not just let er rip. I usually project a lot more vocally, you know, belt em out more, unless it is a smooth ballad. But I am living in an apartment complex where I do not really feel comfortable to do that yet.
As for working mainly with smf's, no not really. I have been spending a lot of time searching for them, for the ones which have the correct parts, and then spend hours and hours tweaking them. But I have probably spent an equal amount of time collecting and tweaking style files. I do prefer styles I think because I do enjoy playing keyboard and they allow me to put more of my own playing, more of myself into them.
With the smf's I will probably be doing more guitar work and will be showing Heidi keyboard parts she can add. I have played more keyboard (woodshedding) in last 3-4 years than I have in all my previous years added together, and feel really good about my chops at this point.
Again Donny, thank you for taking time and listening and for your spot on comments.
And yes, I am having a wonderful time and am glad you enjoyed what I've offered so far.
Jim

#106145 - 08/13/07 10:54 PM Re: Songs for your enjoyment. I hope
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Thanks for the songs, Jim. I like both your and Heidi's vocals. As a matter of fact, Heidi has a very sexy voice on It's Alright Now. Kinda reminds me of Cat Woman's purr.

Taike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online