SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105948 - 09/09/07 08:45 AM Exciting News for Tyros 2 Owners
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Due for release in October is the Reggi Stick Plus for the Tyros 2, and it is promised to have sounds and features that are currently only available on instruments costing over £10,000, this means that all Tyros 2 owners get a wealth of New possibilities.
Those Attending the Pakefield Keyboard Festival this week will be privileged to be at the Official Launch of the Reggi Stick Plus on the Thursday. (Although with multiple new instrument launches at the Festival they may have trouble finding a space in their schedule)
SZ members who are attending the show will no date post full details on their return home.
Isn’t Music and Technology Wonderful?

Bill

#105949 - 09/09/07 01:02 PM Re: Exciting News for Tyros 2 Owners
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
Bill,

I always find your posts very interesting, but this time you have left me completely baffled. Do you have any more information about this product?

Kind regards,
Tommy

#105950 - 09/09/07 02:54 PM Re: Exciting News for Tyros 2 Owners
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tommy
Last year a USB stick was launched for Tyros 2 called the Reggi Stick, which amongst others included new sounds, styles and set ups, including the control and interfacing of additional keyboards, Pedals and a Genuine Leslie cabinet for the organ sounds, and it was made available through the Yamaha Club.
Reggi Stick Plus is apparently a much more advanced version, however apart from the details I have posted, there are no more details are available.
When it is launched later this week, details will probably be put on the Yamaha Club web site, also SZ members attending the Festival will most likely post about it when they get home.
Hope this makes it clearer

Bill

#105951 - 09/09/07 05:18 PM Re: Exciting News for Tyros 2 Owners
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
Bill: I wouldn't get all excited. As memory serves, the registration stick was nothing more than sets of registrations. Not new sounds or styles. New sounds on the T2 load too slow to be practical and new styles they charge for. I guess the "plus" stick will be more of the same. Maybe a few new syles from the PSR-900.

#105952 - 09/09/07 06:10 PM Re: Exciting News for Tyros 2 Owners
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hello................If you have the new voices on a internal hard drive they only take time to load when Tyros2 boots. I always turn mine on, get a beverage, come back in a few minutes and all is ready to go. I have a lot of TVN voices and use them all the time. They behave like panel voices if you use this pre-load option as I do. -charley

P.S. I bought last years registick. The Yamaha logo on the flash drive is the only cool thing.............the contents are only so so................

#105953 - 09/09/07 09:07 PM Re: Exciting News for Tyros 2 Owners
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Depending on HOW much samples you load up into the T2, you may have time to cook and eat a meal, not just get a beverage...!

512MB takes over 30 minutes, if I remember right...

#105954 - 09/10/07 08:21 AM Re: Exciting News for Tyros 2 Owners
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Reggi Stick only available in the UK and NOT made available to the US users?

------------------
Al Giordano
http://www.arrangerworld.com

Tyros 2, Yamaha P-250, Korg Triton Extreme 76, Roland VK8-M, DW Collectors Series Drums, Roland SPD-S.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#105955 - 09/10/07 10:01 PM Re: Exciting News for Tyros 2 Owners
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Here are some more details:
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/?p=265

Eric

#105956 - 09/11/07 10:20 AM Re: Exciting News for Tyros 2 Owners
RobertG Offline

Loc: Southeastern PA, USA
They made a USB key out of wood! Hope you have splinter insurance.

[This message has been edited by RobertG (edited 09-11-2007).]

#105957 - 09/17/07 07:26 PM Re: Exciting News for Tyros 2 Owners
Tony Deaf Offline

Loc: Staffordshire, England
Report from Pakefield Keyboard Festival on the launch of the new Regi Stick Plus for the Tyos 2, to be sold at Dealers 29.99 or from the Yamaha Club at 24.99 pounds

By Chris from YPKO Forum

You get about thirty different headings, e.g. Ballads, Country, Big Band, Euro Organ, Theatre etc. For each seperate heading, you get eight registations. These reg's accurately reproduce different styles of that heading. For instance in Big Band, one registration is for Glenn Miller, one is for Count Basie etc.
While we were present James played some great sounding theatre registrations and some very accurate church styles starting off with a soft organ style ( not unlike the playing out following a funeral service ). Sorry for my analogy but that is what it sounded like, then building through the registrations up to a thundering Cathedral style, ( which the speakers just managed to deal with ).
What makes these sounds special is the accuracy of the sound compared to what they are trying to copy. I do not think there are any brand new rythmns or sounds, but by the use of existing sounds and effects, they have created some clever stuff. i.e. If anyone has heard the Carpenter's song " I'll say goodbye to love ". There is a fantastic guitar solo halfway through. Well James and Richard have got it spot on.
There is also a section called "Melody maker". I did not quite understand this section, but it appears to be a collection of sounds that can be used as templates for different types of music.
The midi setiings are there for your keyboard configuration. Keyboard, keyboard and pedals, 2 keyboards and pedals etc. Settings for using a real leslie speaker.
The bottom line is that if you like a certain type of music, e.g. Whitney Houston, Klaus Wunderlich, George Shearing, Theatre Organ, Jazz Organ, Marches, Latin, you should be able to find it.
My honest opinion is that for £25 my keyboard could get a new lease of life. I have already ordered mine.

Chris

[This message has been edited by Tony Deaf (edited 09-17-2007).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online