SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#105692 - 06/17/03 04:20 PM Re: Genesys OS
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Hi Tommy I got the upgrade from the mother firm in Italy, where are you from?

Well about this new upgrade:

It is very well thought, let me me tell you what happend now with this new upgrade.

this is a DATA BASE sytem where the system runs through your hard disk and creat a database.
Now you have a new option to choose whether you want to use the database (DB) to go through your Gem midi songs, Wav, MP3,midi so on, or you can use the way you are doing now.

Now the best thing about this data base is that it will give you the whole list that you have in the hard disk, you can search by Artist, Song or Location number in a flip of a coin, once you find the song youwhere looking for you can play it direct from the DB so on, so you can just stay in the database and play anything from there.

This is very handy when working live.

Any questions you have I try to answear.

Tony

#105693 - 06/18/03 12:22 AM Re: Genesys OS
Tommy64 Offline

Loc: Randers Denmark
Hi Tony,
I am from Denmark.
The Genesys is unfortunately not a big seller here, most likely because of price.
Then the support is likewise low, which is somewhat understandable.

Well, this update would surely be nice to have. I have so far aprox. 200 songs/midis on the repetoire, and they are ordered by no, that is 001xxxxxx, 002xxxxxx etc. The DB seems to make a quick change possible, and that would definetely be a positive thing.
Could you help me getting the update. I have hoped it would be available on MMS web page, but so far nothing has turned up.

------------------
Regards
Tommy

#105694 - 06/18/03 03:18 AM Re: Genesys OS
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
Hi Tommy, the cd capacity is 131MB now if you know of a way I can sen it through the internet let me know and I'll send it your was.
A possibility could be I put it on IMESH and you can download it, that is if you have a Cable or ADSL connection. Or if you want I'll send you an email address of General Music Italy. So tell me what email address I send you this email Address.
There is also a very good new demo which I will put available to those who would like to hear it, I need to cgange it from Wave to MP3 first.

Let me know what you think ok

Tony.

#105695 - 06/18/03 04:26 AM Re: Genesys OS
Tommy64 Offline

Loc: Randers Denmark
Hi tony,
Thank you for your quick response.
I do not have ADSL yet (in 1-2 months I should be online!)
I think I have to ask GEM to send me a copy by regular mail.
You may contact me on tmy@kosancrisplant.com

Once again thank you for your help.

------------------
Regards
Tommy

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online