SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105641 - 08/01/07 05:30 AM Ketron Audya module version?
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Hey!
Does anyone heard about a future release of ketron Audya module version?
Thanks,
Vio

#105642 - 08/01/07 07:39 AM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
Dnj Offline

Never heard of it..... Yet

Ask AJ

#105643 - 08/01/07 09:54 AM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Guys,

As an accordionist one can only hope!!!

#105644 - 08/01/07 10:26 AM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
Dnj Offline

If anyone can bring it...Ketron can......just look at all the modules they have vs the other compainies.

#105645 - 08/01/07 12:41 PM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
i asked this question of AJ some weeks ago, (its in the ketron forum i think) and his answer?? an unequivocal NO

#105646 - 08/01/07 01:02 PM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
Dnj Offline

Well for now that's it.....life goes on try some other gear combinations ...we all have wish lists ....but reality in the present is what you have to work with.

good luck there is plenty of gear out there to combine with talent to make great music !

#105647 - 08/02/07 06:35 PM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
viocaia Offline

Loc: Romania/Norway
Yep...life goes on without Audya module...why?
I thinking very serios about Midjay..
Thanks guys!
Vio

#105648 - 07/14/09 07:50 AM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
leezone Offline

still hoping that a module version would come out...

i'm not crazy about the build quality of the actual AUDYA

and not crazy of hacing to lug around this heavy beast, when it would be better to take my M-Audio Axiom controller and AUDYA module....

and i could just take the module to practice and hook up to any keyboard...

like i said before, the brains of module is already done, just a matter of fitting it into a box...

please Ketron, continue your tradition of:

MS key >> MS mod
X key >> X mod
XD9 >> XD3
SD5 >> SD3
AUDYA >> AUDYA module

#105649 - 07/14/09 11:02 AM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
Tony Hughes Offline

Leezone

You say "I’m not crazy about the build quality of the actual AUDYA"

Can you pray explain this one away, have you touched, felt, fondled or caressed an Audya, in fact have you ever seen one close up even switched off, I know that the position of the buttons the line up of the F buttons are not how I would design but one must remember the Italians are not noted for their intelligence, fashion maybe, so come on cut them some slack!

Leezone I read your post and I had you as one of the good guys, whats gone wrong, do you have an Audya and (be careful how you answer this one)

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-14-2009).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#105650 - 07/14/09 02:29 PM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Well I've got plenty hours clocked up on it and while I really have grow to love the keyboard even though I feel it's a greatly unfinished product in the OS department.

You can't get away from the fact that it's expensive and yet... for example in KORG terms, instead of it feeling like a Pa2X, it feels like a Pa800. And I'm being very very generous at that.

From a manufacturing point of view, it's the cheapest and most basic shape you can send through injection moulding.

Just look at it from a designers point of view over all. The buttons don't even match up with he screen.

When you take that into consideration along with the story of the OS. I feel that it was not only pushed out the door but kicked in desperation to get a product out there and get money in. It feels it, and the OS is just more proof of a rushed product.

My 2 cents.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 07-14-2009).]

#105651 - 07/14/09 04:50 PM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I've been asking Ketron since the Audya was introduced to consider offering an Audya module. AJ would know if it in the works since he is in the development loop. Korg did not SO definitely declare that they would not offer a PA based module, but rather, they wanted to be sure there was a market before they would consider a module. I’ve written to Korg and encouraged others interested in a new Korg arranger module to contact Korg to show that there just may be a market. They want to be sure that they will make a lot of money …_
I use and like the Ketron Midjay Plus for most every gig and frequently use a PA800 in combination with the MJ+; they work very nicely together.
Ciao,
Jerry
I would post a photo - if I knew how.

#105652 - 07/14/09 08:33 PM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
Tony Hughes Offline

Irishacts,

I looked closely at my Audya and I cannot find anything the has been through and injection press, the Audya is all metal that why it's so bloody heavy, I think the tilted display surround may be plastic!
LeeZone must be away he has not answered, I agree will you all it is a pity about the software and not finsished but I suppose you have, buttons and keys that are all interlinked by wires to samples and styles and it is realy a case of someone to write the software to connect then all together to do what we want it to do, what more can you do, I am not and expert on other keyboards - I think the Audya sounds good, perhaps a few people will agree, some not, can't please all the people all of the time, perhaps older people have hearing damage and don't know about until they go and see their audiologist. How do I know - I'm a rambling old git - Doh, I've just had a set of PHONAK hearing aids fitted and I can now hear the bones in my angles cracking when I walk upstairs, flushing the toilet is painful, those who think the Auyda sounds crap go and have a hearing test you may be surprised it's you not the Auyda.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#105653 - 07/15/09 01:55 AM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
I don't honestly think there ARE any members here slagging the Audya's sound at all... Primary objections have been the obscene price point, and lack of editing capabilities, both OS related, and the very nature of audio loops. But the SOUND, especially the style section, is in most people's opinion, very good.

If that alone is worth the price, to you, have at it. Me, I need just a BIT more... for a bit less

#105654 - 07/15/09 08:02 AM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
leezone Offline

Tony said:
"have you touched, felt, fondled or caressed an Audya, in fact have you ever seen one close up even switched off,"

YES, i have i went to the clinic here in NY and touched it, and played it, and felt it, and fondled it,

so i talk from EXPERIENCE

Tony, do me a favor and touch and caress a Roland Fantom, or a Roland G-70, then come back here and tell me what build quality is all about and which build quality ROCKS !!!

#105655 - 07/15/09 08:47 AM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
Tony Hughes Offline

Leezone,

Thanks for that, I did have a G70 and sold it for a Tyros 2 you know what we do see something that sounds better, Leezone I wasn't being funny this side of the pond UK you know we have funny ways, it wasn't a dig just Fun, I have never seen the Fantom but I do have a Fantom XR midid into to the Audya so I perhaps have the sounds. Leezone I wasn't all that impressed with the G70 and people do rave on about it, the photos of the Fantom it looks good, If you want to just come out and say the Audya sucks I can take that, but this is my last keyboard I am sick of parting with ££££ and £4000.00 the limit now, hope you are not offended.

If you touch and all that what do you realy think of the KETRON.

Best Regards

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-15-2009).]

#105656 - 07/15/09 11:09 AM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
leezone Offline

i think the AUDYA is awesome
it sounds amazing

if i had to choose 1 arranger this would be it

why?
because it sounds "live"
i like the sound of having a real drummer,
and the audio guitars help alot too

what i would change?
memory, up it to at least 500GB, and 1GB Ram

improve the build quality, better faders, better buttons, better screen like FANTOM

add some Modern sounds, so that it is not just an arranger for "folk-latin" musicians

add a damn style editor, creator already

#105657 - 07/15/09 01:24 PM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
Tony Hughes Offline

Hi Leezone,

I have just been on youtube to listen to the Roland Fantom G8 there is no comparion with the Auyda, there's a lot more to do with the Audya but the buttons and sliders I think will have to stay.

Are you going to get an Audya, I have had mine about 4 mths one of the first batches off the production line. Still getting around it.

Regards

Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 07-15-2009).]

#105658 - 07/15/09 03:39 PM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tony, be certain to update to the 2.0 OS, and add the new styles. Makes a BIG difference.
DonM

#105659 - 07/15/09 08:13 PM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
leezone Offline

Tony,

when i compare the FANTOM to the AUDYA,
i am not comparing it sonically,
i am comparing their build qualities,
the AUDYA is an arranger, the FANTOM is a workstation/synth,
2 different beasts

#105660 - 07/18/09 03:23 AM Re: Ketron Audya module version?
fc_xander Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:
Originally posted by viocaia:
Hey!
Does anyone heard about a future release of ketron Audya module version?
Thanks,
Vio

Hi.

Ketron dont go to develop a Module from AUDYA model.
What Ketron Staff told me where they are making market study if its good idea to produce a Cromatic version , with the Acordion scale , a Arab version ,and a Piano like the old DG100.

Best Regards

F.C.
www.ketronaudya.wordpress.com www.fcmusica.com

[This message has been edited by fc_xander (edited 07-25-2009).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online