SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#105597 - 02/20/06 07:50 PM Tyros2 Registration Editor
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Can anybody direct me to any shareware program that lets you edit the Registration Files on a Yamaha Tyros2.

Each of these files have a .RGT extension and holds the parameters for 8 registration settings.

They contain the user settings for Style, Voice, Tempo, Transposition, Multipads, etc.

I am hoping I could find a program that would let me view and edit the contents of a .RGT file on a PC so that I could fine tune these settings.

Tapas

#105598 - 02/20/06 08:15 PM Re: Tyros2 Registration Editor
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Tapas: GOOD question. It appears (as far as I know) that PSRREG may be the best currently available REG program, but unfortunately it doesn't allow you edit all the custom settings available to be stored in Registration. Perhaps you might be able to convince resident Yamaha PSR/Tyros programming expert, Michael Bedesem, to come up with a program that would allow us to edit ALL the parameters (for style, voice, tempo, transpostion, multipads, etc) from the PC. I too would find it a very useful utility program. - Scott

#105599 - 02/20/06 09:35 PM Re: Tyros2 Registration Editor
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your quick reply. The PSRREG program is a very useful tool to easily build up your own custom Registration Banks from elements borrowed from several other Registration Banks.

Michael Bedesem is a genius. I downloaded his latest version of MIDIPLAYER (6.6.4) from www.svpworld.com/beta

MIDIPLAYER lets you load any Yamaha Style File (.STY) and view the CASM sections and the Voice Settings for each OTS.

It also lets you view and play a MIDI file and examine the Chords and Lyrics.

For both MIDI files (.MID) and Style Files (.STY) you can change the volume or panning of each track or change the voices. I love the Effect Tool that lets you globally alter the master Reverb and Chorus by a specified percentage or one can do it track by track.

I wish Michael would enhance this program to read Registration Files (.RGT) so that the user can freely view and edit all the relevant settings.

Version 6.6.4 comes with a large palette of icons that includes all the colorful voice icons from the Tyros2.

The more I am spending time with my Tyros2, the more I am getting amazed at the power hidden behind its simple user interface. One can spend hours fine tuning all the Effects when you press the [Mixing Console] button and TAB to the EFFECTS page.

Here once can find the Master Reverb and Chorus plus 6 more DSP blocks that one is free to assign to any track by Category and Type and then further edit the Parameters. The simplicity and power is mind boggling. Just studying how Yamaha engineers created the OTS settings for the 400 styles is like a course in effects processing.

Of all the keyboards and sound modules I have purchased in the past, nothing has given me so much pleasure and delight as the Tyros2. This one is a charmer.

Tapas

#105600 - 02/21/06 04:07 AM Re: Tyros2 Registration Editor
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
Thank you for the kind comments regarding MidiPlayer.

For Tyros registrations, there is a new program developed by Kim Winther. It is very good and will do most of what you want:

Will load both Tyros, PSR3000 and Tyros2 Registration Memory files

Edit Registration Memory name

Edit Registration Bank names

Change Icons (Tyros and Tyros2 only)

Edit External Styles paths/names

Change Internal MultiPads and External paths/names

Edit Song paths/names

Edit Lyrics paths/names (Tyros2 only)

Edit Master, Song and Keyboard Transpose

Edit Style Tempo

Edit Song, Style, MultiPad and Mic Balance

Display Internal Style names

Regards,

Michael

#105601 - 02/21/06 05:06 AM Re: Tyros2 Registration Editor
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Michael,

Where can we find the program?

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#105602 - 02/21/06 05:43 AM Re: Tyros2 Registration Editor
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Gary,

At the best site of Yamaha Softwares.
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha

Cheers
Armando

#105603 - 02/21/06 06:35 AM Re: Tyros2 Registration Editor
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

#105604 - 02/21/06 06:58 AM Re: Tyros2 Registration Editor
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Great timing for this thread!
Checked out jososoft but can't find ty2 download, AAH see Scott found one......

Thanks........pose

#105605 - 02/21/06 11:14 AM Re: Tyros2 Registration Editor
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Scotty
I downloaded memory editor 1.2 by Kim Winther, looks like I got, the firmware 1.11 that I already got from Yamaha and installed in my ty2??

I also updated msoft framwork to 2.0 on my computer before I started, as instructed, is this the wrong download page??

Confused.......Pose

#105606 - 02/21/06 03:57 PM Re: Tyros2 Registration Editor
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
I downloaded the framework 2.0 from the link on Ken's page and the program. I installed both and all works fine. The program gives an error if framework is not installed.

Sorry that I forgot the link; thank you Scott!

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online