SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#105526 - 08/22/04 06:45 PM We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
First of all, many thanks to Nigel for all the work & effort he's made to get our forum back up and running again. I was begining to worry that the Synthzone might not be back up for a long time.

Unfortunately, the problem was 'out of Nigel's hands', as it was the SZ 'hosting Server' (Apache) itself that crashed unexpectantly early last week. The unfortunate thing is that (according to our forum moderator, Nigel) all Synthzone postings made since he moved Synthzone to the new server host (from March 2004 to present) was permanently(?)destroyed and no backup exists. My only hope is that Nigel has since discovered differently, and that a backup can be found & retrieved somewhere.

I know many of you (like me) have been suffering withdrawals from not being able to sign on to Synthzone to hangout with what has truly become a close tight knit arranger keyboard family here. Synthzone had become a 'daily fix' (5 years for me) for many of us.

On a positive note (for me), this past week was very productive on other fronts. I learned and arranged MORE 'new tunes' than usual, found time to work with my website designer on my soon to released 'new' UPDATED website, and well as found more time to hang out and play live with local musician buddies. Curious to hear what things others of you here have found extra time for during the week long Synthzone Forum abscence.

In the meantime, Welcome back here to everyone ! I've really missed you all, so looking forward to hearing from you all soon.

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

#105527 - 08/22/04 07:03 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
First of all, many thanks to Nigel for all the work & effort he's made to get our forum back up and running again

You can say that again! And thanks to you, Scott, for keeping everybody informed, either directly or indirectly, on the status of SZ. Glad we're all back and OK. How long's it been, a few months? Seems like it!

Cheers,
Glenn

#105528 - 08/22/04 07:07 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
Oh, yes Scot we are back again.I had very bad
feelings that our SZ family may not get together again.but thanks God this arranger
family is hrer again to explore the world of
arranger machines.

#105529 - 08/22/04 07:13 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
SANMAN Offline

Loc: West Hills, CA, USA
Nigel
Thank you for getting this site functioning again. As Scott mentioned, I to had severe withdrawal pains.

I figure I spend some 7 to 10 hours a week at the SZ. Gee - with all the free time I had, i cleaned out the garage, did yard work, and painted. Enough of that already.

So - it's great to be surfing the SZ again.

Mark...

#105530 - 08/22/04 07:28 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Dnj Offline

Oh man I was going nuts!!!!! Thanx to Nigel & anyione else who made this happen....

Now Im a happy camper again

Jam On!!

#105531 - 08/22/04 07:30 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
It is good to have our forum back. I was having withdrawals symptoms.

Tom

#105532 - 08/22/04 08:20 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
You don't know what you've got, till it's gone... hey, could that be a song?

#105533 - 08/22/04 08:38 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Last night I threw a mid summer New Year's Eve party, something I began doing a couple years ago. Had about 40 people here, lots of great food, fired up the 3000 and had everyone singing and dancing till well after midnight. Some might believe, and rightfully so, that this old guy has lost his sanity--hey, who else celebrates New Year's Eve in the middle of August? I still have a huge New Year's Eve party on December 31 as well, but this one makes up for the ones that were lost to freezing rain, snow and ice storms over the past decade. Yes, we did sing Auld Lang Syne, and some folks had enough Kickapoo Joy Juice onboard that they sang it in Scotish as well. It was a fun night.

I wish to personally thank Scott Yee for keeping a huge number of folks informed about the progrress of the Synthzone this past week, and Nigel, you've done an incredible job of keeping a great bunch of folks together for a long time.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#105534 - 08/22/04 09:55 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Gee Gary...my invitation to your August New Years party must have got lost in the mail.
And I also want to thank Scott and Donny for updates.
Eddie

#105535 - 08/22/04 10:06 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It's great to see you all back. Thought you may have forgotten about the BBS here, it was gone so long.

And many thanks to Scott Yee who called me on the phone to find out what was happening and emailed assurance to other members that I was pulling things back together again.

#105536 - 08/23/04 01:56 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I was on holiday in Cyprus so I missed the extravaganza completely!

#105537 - 08/23/04 02:00 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Well, I took advantage of all the extra time on my hands to record a lot of new songs... but I am really glad to be here again with all my Synthzone friends!

#105538 - 08/23/04 04:53 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
RichUK Offline

Loc: England
Thanks for the e-mail updates regarding SZ Scott.

Musicwise, just starting work on a new cover song... writing down chords, choosing an appropriate style and editing a couple of voices on the 3K ready to make the backing.

Bye for now,
Rich

#105539 - 08/23/04 05:56 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Scottyee:
First of all, many thanks to Nigel for all the work & effort he's made to get our forum back up and running again
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesssss!!!!
Armando

#105540 - 08/23/04 06:06 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Let's see - I played every night last week except Friday night when I went to see a little band from Scott's area called Journey! Woohoo - good concert! Then yesterday (Sunday) after weeks of planning planning I built a new front patio for my townhouse, which was literally a ton of work (actually more than a ton - 1500 pounds of paving stones plus 500 pounds of sand plus gravel). Wifey is very happy and I am very sore. Today starts six straight days of performing with several major gigs in line. My schedule will simmer down some after Labor Day so it's time to to get wot bizness I can while I can. Gotta go soak in a hot tub now...

#105541 - 08/23/04 06:11 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
OK guys and gals--I'll put another party together just for Synthzoners. Lots of shrimp, filet mignon, and of course, Kickapoo Joy Juice. Oh Yeah!

When I figure out how many will attend, and when I can kick-start the extravaganze, I'll post an invitiation.

Eddie, I hear air fares are dropping! I'll expect to see both you and Carole.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#105542 - 08/23/04 06:47 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Beakybird Offline

It is great to hear from you all again.

I've been busy designing and receiving gig bags for my new speakers. The folks at Cloud 9 are really on Cloud 9.

Gigging regularly, of course.

Now we're going to have to answer all over again - what is a smart media card and what is the difference between a PSR3000 and an Apple Ipod.

Beakybird

#105543 - 08/23/04 08:28 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Thansk to Nigel for getting the site back up, also Scotty for keeping everyone informed...

Like many of you, I've been gigging almost every day. Also, the wife and I are getting three 3 girls ready for school this week...

Which is always a happy time around the Corfield household, lol...

Hope everyone is well-

#105544 - 08/23/04 08:43 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Nigel ... THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!! ... It was really like having lost connection with part of your family ....
The good thing was that our son, daughter-in-law and two grandkids were with us for vacation so we were pretty busy ...
GREAT TO BE BACK ... as I said in some e-mails ... "I HAD NO WHERE ELSE TO GO" (Richard Gere - Officer and a Gentleman)
t.

#105545 - 08/23/04 01:46 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
I had the week off last week.
I don't have my Psr3000 yet (2 months I have been waiting now)......
And synthzone was gone......Why didn't I just go back to work last week !!!!
Well fortunately I have other hobbies too.
But it's a shame so much information has gone, now. Well at least the people are still here, so I guess if(?) my psr3000 ever arrives I won't be lost!!

------------------

#105546 - 08/24/04 04:22 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
When I figure out how many will attend, and when I can kick-start the extravaganze, I'll post an invitiation.Gary

Gary..If I'm OFF, Me & My "REDHEAD" are There, my Friend!!

#105547 - 08/24/04 10:39 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yeah, yeah ...... rub it in.

#105548 - 08/24/04 02:43 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
R-F Offline

Loc: Berlin/ Germany
Hi,
I used the other forums only but missed the Synthzone Forums. But in these forums, we spoke about synthzone.
I checked nearly every day the syntzone website and so I noticed a forum called "Arrangerworkstation".
I was a member there, then they changed to "arrangerengine", but I can't have any access (this website is restricted area, the admin anounced in another forum something but didn't care for my technical problems).
Back to "ArrangerWORKSTATION" It seems to be a different forum using the domain www.arrangerworkstation.com
I found only topics related to the new Yamaha keyboards.

------------------
Regards
RF

#105549 - 08/24/04 03:49 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I pouted because Scott never sent me an email

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 08-24-2004).]

#105550 - 08/24/04 05:08 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
R-F, Thank You for the link to the new arrangerworkstation site.
Looks good.
Denny

#105551 - 08/25/04 05:43 PM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I pouted because Scott never sent me an email

You need pout no more. I've gone ahead & added you to my SZ member address book. - Scott

#105552 - 08/27/04 02:05 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
Hi Guys,

Just got back from a little mini holiday (vacation) down South. For those of you who know England we stayed in Kent and visited Dover and of course London. We stayed at a really nice Marriot hotel which was part of a country club so had all sorts of nice facilities such as gym, pool, golf/tennis, etc.

Our hotel also had a really nice piano bar but unfortunately their pianist just quit! We sat there three nights in a row and I just stared at this lovely black grand piano just sitting there begging to be played. So who do you think finally got up the nerve to play it? hehe

I only played for about 5 minutes cause I didn't want to push my music on anyone, but it was sooo much fun! A few people started popping their heads in to see who the piano player was, then offered to buy us drinks if I continued to play (never a bad sign!). Still, I had no clue what songs to play and my brain just wouldn't work, so I stopped after just a few. It was still a really cool experience though!

Carrie

#105553 - 08/29/04 02:50 AM Re: We're Back UP and Running! What have you guys doing during the week we were down?
capt_doug61 Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi all,
Really glad to see the board up and running again. I had just joined and was enjoying
my daily treks here to read the messages
and it vanished! Anyhow great to be back
and look forward to catching up.

Cheers,
Doug in Texas

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online