SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#105175 - 09/01/06 05:33 AM Re: Why all the hype about how something was recorded on an arranger
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
........ sorry to do this, but I had written a reply that, as good intentioned as it was, I realized that it would probably cause some contoversy... that was NOT my intent, and there certainly has been too much of that lately ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-01-2006).]

#105176 - 09/01/06 06:16 AM Re: Why all the hype about how something was recorded on an arranger
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Well Tony, if, after re-reading it (whatever it was) you decided that it might convey something that you didn't intend, then that's a good thing. However, no need to over-censor all your own posts; I'm not THAT thin-skinned. If I were, I would have committed suicide years ago.

Peace,

chas

#105177 - 09/01/06 07:17 AM Re: Why all the hype about how something was recorded on an arranger
tony mads usa Offline

chas ... since you 'opened the door' ...
and let me preface by saying I think I am one of the LEAST contoversial guys on this board - too old and wise for that stuff ... and I am saying this in a non-combative, non-sarcastic, non-contoversial tone, but rather in a gentle conversational manner...
I was just going to say that John was painting a picture with words as to what he saw through his mind's eye ... The fact that the fellow was Black was part of that picture ... nothing more ... nor did it bring anything to MY mind other than the scene he was describing...
Now, I realize that you can say I cannot relate, because I am not a person of color (is it ok to use that phrase - I am not being facetious, but I just do not know what is acceptable these days), however, as an American of proud Italian heritage, I did not take offense when rbmusic posted his "song for gumbas" ... perhaps an "opportunity to re-educate (in a positive way)" was missed on that thread ...

I sincerely hope you do not take offense to anything John or I have said ... And I think I can speak for John in saying that there was absolutely no mal-intent on either of our parts ...
and Peace to you as well...
t.

#105178 - 09/01/06 09:54 AM Re: Why all the hype about how something was recorded on an arranger
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
OK,
The black man I mentioned was part of a real visual, it was not just part of a made up story.
I thought about changing it and decided not to. You see what is in my heart is the area of admiring the man with a bit of jealousy on my part because in all my perfection I had not achieved what he had achieved.

Chas, as far as your comment, It is more than welcome, I still love you so there. Hahaha

John C.

#105179 - 09/01/06 11:34 AM Re: Why all the hype about how something was recorded on an arranger
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
"There is none so blind as he that WILL not see".

I don't know how carefully you read my thread, but I'd say that you missed the gist of it. Because of the above quote, I'd say further discussion of this is pointless. I think what I was trying to say was pretty clear if read with an open (ie. non-defensive) mind.

John, Tony; I know you're both good people. I have no desire to create such an environment of hyper-sensitivity and/or political correctness that no one feels comfortable expressing their thoughts, feelings, and ideas. Having said that, I also feel that there are very few instances on a board such as this, where race or ethnicity would be needed to ensure clarity.

Tony, please re-read my post,....slowly and carefully.

Thanks,

chas

#105180 - 09/01/06 01:01 PM Re: Why all the hype about how something was recorded on an arranger
tony mads usa Offline

Chas ... I do not feel that I read your post with a defensive mind ... nor did I appreciate the quote directed at me ...

That said, I do not want to carry this discussion where it is not intended to go, by any means... For my purpose it is ended, now ...
Peace my friend ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 09-01-2006).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online