Well, I can only tell you a few things at this point. I have been busy getting wife Jann on an airplane to Phoenix yesterday and I stayed home so I could study, learn and play this new keyboard.
I am only up to page 24 in the 280 page manual so I have learned how to turn it on, play all the demos, and go through all the styles. there is still a lot more to learn. I have not yet found anything I don't like about this keyboard, except the split point keeps going back to the default. Fran told me I need to set up a user program to load when I turn it on. the only problem with that is he didn't tell me how to do it
I find the controls to be so intuitive that I don't even have to hunt for them. I am not yet sure what all of them do but I will in due time. I have this three day weekend to work with it and then next week at home and the following week in the motorhome at the beach so lots of quiet quality time ahead of me to learn more about this board.
I received an email this morning from Roland District Manager advising me about the extras he had installed in this board for me. I now have this day free other then walking the dog and feeding us to check into those things. I also need to get it hooked into the computer to see some of the pics he has installed also.
Back to the sound system. I have no complaints on it and I have to say it is far superior to the Bose speakers and Yam Woofer I got from Donnie and installed on the Tyros 2. This is a powerful speaker system and keyboard. It is the best I have heard in a portable keyboard. I may be selling 5 pairs of power amps too
One of the things I really like is the knob to adjust the balance between the styles and the lead 3 voices. that is worth it's weight in gold. I have fought this problem for years and now no more! JOY
I wish I could tell you a lot more things but I have to learn, experiance and evaluate them before putting my name and reputation in a post for you. It is my intention to keep it honest and straightforward so stay tuned and you will get my honest opinion as i continue to climb the learning curve.
A special thanks here to Travis Mitchell for setting up this board for me, the great additions in it, and expediting the deliver to me at Colton Music in San Jose, CA.
Best to all,
Bebop
PS: Yup for sure I will be selling the 2 Yamaha's PSR9000 and Tyros 2.